Saturday, May 1, 2010

And introducing....Jack!!!!


This week was an awesome week. On April 26th, 2010 at 3:58 pm, perfection arrived on this earth. And what is his name you may ask? Jack! And he's damn glad to meet you!
Here's some pics of the family (minus Uncle John who has to wait til his baptism to meet him :( ) in the swank hospital room - Parkwest is awesome. Great nurses, I never had to leave the room, and all the rainbow popsicles I could eat.




Here's Jack's very first photo! It's crazy how his cuteness progressively grows with each minute. :)


Here he is after only a few minutes - checking things out. Andy & I were a little surprised to hear he had red hair. That was the last thing I expected them to say (including the fact that he only weighed 7 lbs 4 oz - I told the nurses the scale was wrong b/c that kiddo felt like he was easily a 10 lb-er.) I think though his red hair is one of my favorite things - it comes from my dad so now he will always have a strong link to his grandpa! :)


Jack chilling with his Aunt Lizzi. When I gave Jack to Lizzi for the first time it was priceless. She immediately melted into tears - it was so sweet. And a sure sign that Jack is going to absolutely love Aunt Lizzi!

This is by far my fav pic. It's his going home outfit and the way his arms are positioned it just looks like he's trying to say, "What? I'm a Snugglesaurus. What else were you expecting?"

Here's Jack's first encounter with his big sister Bean! She is very excited to meet him. Just needs some time to pass before she can give him big sister kisses.

Although very excited to be parents, can you tell that the sleep deprivation has already set in after only just 1 day? :)


Jack had some great visitors his first week home. First from Granddaddy Brimer, then Mimi came by for a snuggle, and last but not least he got to meet his Uncle Allen for the first time.



I'd like to take this opportunity to give a special shout out to my mom. Already a fantastic first time grandma, she volunteered to stay with us the first week and God Bless her for it. She cooks, she cleans, she burps Jack, rocks him, and then comforts me when it's 3 am and I am about to lose my mind b/c my head hasn't seen a pillow in 2 straight days! Love you Mom :)

And finally, here is our first family photo. So happy :)


Here's some random video from Jack's first few hours on earth. Nothing that would make it on Discovery Health so don't worry - it's not scary.





3 comments:

JGsquared said...

Connor loves to look at pictures of Jack! :)

Elizabeth Blankenship said...

Well I am so glad your finally awake enough to post! I have been stalking the blog just waiting to hear about Jack! I love the red hair! Take care and try to get rest.
Love Elizabeth and Claire

gloverfamily said...

I love him!! Why am I just now seeing these?? I am so behind!!