Thursday, September 16, 2010

A House Divided...


Well, it's official. College football season has begun. And Andy & I are faced with our first major challenge of parenthood. No, not discipline. Not co-sleeping. Not even letting Jack cry himself to sleep or not. The difficult decision we are faced with is...will Jack wear orange or crimson on game day? What do you do when you are raised in a house-divided? Will Jack grow up with a split SEC-personality? Will he rebel in his youth and become an LSU fan? (If that does happen, mark my words - he's out of the will.) This past Saturday Jack decided to play it safe and put on a neutral brown outfit. With Andy being such a loyal UT fan and myself being a cutthroat, die hard, borderline maniacal Bama fan, I really am at a loss for how we will handle this season, let alone the UT/Bama game. Maybe the TV won't come on that day...
This is what i mean by house-divided. How can Jack grow up well-adjusted if he walks around wearing a Bama shirt and UT hat?! On a side note, how cute are these clothes?! My mom ordered the onesie for Jack - thanks Mom! - and Andy bought the hat and socks at the UT bookstore. So Cute!
How cute is this?!?!?!?!? It's Jack wearing his UT outfit. It was school picture day and I forgot to dress him in something cutesie and appropriate. So he's wearing an outfit that matches his hair :) (This is once again proof that I am going to be a moron mom. I can just see his first REAL picture of Kindergarten and he shows up in a stained t-shirt and food in his hair. Sigh...) I'm embarrassed to admit that this is Jack's first professional photo. Thank you La Petite for taking care of this for us! If it wasn't for them, we'd have no professional pictures of Jack. Just the semi-embarrassing ones that I've taken.
Speaking of semi-embarrassing, here is a naked baby picture. I realized after perusing his photo portfolio, that we are dangerously deprived of pictures that I can pull out when Jack's high school girlfriend comes over for dinner in the future. So I present to you all, baby butt. I love this because baby bottoms (according to my friend Katie - and I totally agree) are like old man booties. All cellulite-y and squishy. I love it!
Last but not least - Jack is becoming a champ at rolling over! I can't leave the guy alone for 5 seconds without finding him on his tummy. It's awesome during the day but he's translated this talent into sleep habits. Imagine my heart attack as I walk in to check on him at 2 am and he's face down in the mattress. I know this is normal and he's perfectly safe but still people - I can't sleep thanks to this! Jack on the other hand is sleeping like a champ. No more nighttime feeding and he goes from 8 - 6:30ish each night. :)


Lastly, Jack is becoming more and more of a giggle monster. Here are some videos of him laughing. It's so much fun and if I could, I would do this as a fulltime job. Here's one of Andy making him laugh and then me. I'm trying hard to ignore the fact that Andy's more successful than I am. What can I say - Jack's crazy about his daddy. :)



5 comments:

Lizzi Kersey said...

I love the little giggle monster!!! I wish I could see him more than just on weekends :(

Dotti said...

No contest-my Jack is the cutest baby in the entire Cosmos-and that is my unbiased opinion-sure it is :) Love his giggles :)

gloverfamily said...

His giggling is precious!! Also, he needs to recognize that UT is the best (maybe technically not this year, but in general...) Plus, everytime I drive through Alabama I am reminded of the terribleness of the roads, which is reason enough not to cheer for them!! He will pretty cute either way, though!

Unknown said...

We like! :) Maybe he could wear all of the football gear at once and a bib that says "Confused."

hughesfamily said...

Alabama does have TERRIBLE roads. Also, there is a state income tax, and that stinks. but, Jack will look adorable in the Bama gear! I love his first school picture!!!! Love it!!!! Also, that is awesome for you that he is sleeping so well! Lily was not that good at his age!