
So we've had a very fun week. Visits, Christmas preparations, playtime... Whew! We are a bit tired. Thank goodness naptimes are worked in. First up - lunch date with Amanda, Haven, & our buddy Lake! We met at Cracker Barrel - yum........ - and got to catch up on how everything is going. Ok, that's a lie. I have quickly learned that when children outnumber adults, children win. I think Amanda and I maybe had 5 minutes of real conversation. The rest consisted of, "Don't touch that" "Where's your bottle?" "Did that drop on the floor?" "What have you got in your hand?" :) But it was a fun learning experience! And no matter what, it's always good to see her - even if we have to talk in 5 word snippets.

The buddies - notice scary weird lady in the background. I could've gotten more pics but scary lady kept looking over at us.

Haven, Jack, & Lake! While I love all of these children, being surrounded by 3 kids under 4 is terrifying. How do those crazy multiples moms do it?

Amanda looking fantastic - Jack quickly dropping into a Cracker Barrel-haze. You can only be around all those biscuits and gravy for so long people before you succumb...

Later that weekend we had a visit from Mimi! She brought us a Santa suit. Stayed tuned everyone - come hell or high water there will be a picture of Santa Andy on this blog. :-D

Later that weekend, we worked on crawling some more. Still haven't figured it out but we can roll to objects like nobody's business! And as usual, his favorite item is his jumperoo. He's even tried climbing it. If I were to rank Jack's favorite things right now it'd go in this order.
1. Jumperoo
2. The Bean
3. His daddy
4. our TV remote
5. the roll of paper towels on his changing table
6. Ms. Shirley at daycare
23. me (hey people, I know that deep down I rank in a totally different universe. But for now, I can handle 23rd place.)

Now that Jack is getting better at this rolling thing, I can't sit him on our bed and finish getting ready in the morning without creating a barrier. So this morning Andy made a fort out of our bed pillows. He really seemed to get a kick out of it.

I almost choked on my Earl Grey when i turned and saw this. Once again, I've given birth to Calvin. Hilarious!

So tonight I attempted to get our "Christmas Card' picture. At first I thought I'd get one of Jack & Bean wearing antlers. This is the best I could do before Bean hightailed it out of there.
See below for the montage of pitiful poses I managed to get. I'm not exactly a trained photog.

There's the top of his head. Not exactly card-worthy.

I had a LOT of trouble getting him to look at the camera. The next 50 on the camera look like this...

Apparently changing locations doesn't bring out the supermodel in him. Poor guy had no clue why i kept squealing & jumping up and down to get his attention.

At last! Success! All I needed was Andy to get home so he could baby-wrangle while I snapped the pictures. Once again, proof that raising Jack is a team effort. :) And thank goodness for that - I was getting tired of jumping up and down in the reindeer ears.
2 comments:
Such a cute picture of him grinning! I love his teeth! Also, the bed ones are precious. I MUST hang out with him.
I'm going to start making up words to describe how cute-precious-adorable-etc.-etc. my grandson is!! I esp. love his grins now that two teeth poke out-that was quick -they weren't really out at Thanksgiving. Kudos to you for snapping all those pixs, I never had the patience or to think of it a really good camera-digital did not even exist back then!!! Cute pixs of Haven, Lake and Amanda-glad you got to have a luch of sorts with them. If Terry can wear a crown, Andy can be Santa!!!
Post a Comment