This blog title is an oxymoron. B/c 349 days ago, weekends stopped being relaxing and instead turned into marathon sessions of cleaning, shopping, squealing, chasing, feeding, changing, playing, soothing, laughing, coaxing, crying, and collapsing (in exhaustion at the end of the day.) But don't misunderstand, weekends are awesome. Sure sometimes I reminisce about pre-Jack days - sleeping in til 10, watching a movie in the middle of the day, finishing a meal while it's still warm. Wait, make that finishing a meal period. But then as I catch myself reflecting whimsically on the old days, I am snapped back into reality. (This snap usually comes with Jack running over my foot with his walker.) Who on earth would want that life back now that I know what I know????? Yes, we are tired. But the old life was BORING compared to this. Andy & I both agree that although our "weekends as a couple" definitely involved more sleep, they were nowhere near as fulfilling. The sheer fact that we got more excitement out of hearing Jack say the word "ball" than any relaxing excursion while living in FL is proof enough. (Yes, Jack said his first word! It's awesome but he refuses to perform on camera so that will be coming in a later post.)
What lazy weekend doesn't start with a nice ride in the swing. Heels are required - Jack needs a dressy swing partner.
Then we watched as Daddy mowed the lawn. Check out Jack's awesome shirt from Mimi and jean shorts! or should I say Jorts! :-D
The rest of the weekend was spent practicing our skills. Standing up has become the new "in thing." Everyone around here is doing it. Check it out.So in conclusion, weekends are no longer relaxing. They are awesome, exciting, amazing, fulfilling, terrific, hilarious, and pretty much fantastic. All thanks to the short stuff pictured above. Love him :)
Coming soon - first words!
3 comments:
Love all that activity!!! Jack is definitely turning into a wild man Ha!!!
PS I love your shorter hair-very cute!!
I love the wall pic, the swinging pic and the foam butt pic. Those are all hilarious. I do agree about the weekends being so much more fun now. Something about the giggling, I think.
Post a Comment