Muno? Mine!
Bath toys? Mine! ( I tried to grab one to play with him and was quickly reminded of its ownership.)
Thomas the Train boots from Dillards! Well, he didn't say mine here but I think that was because he was trying to behave for Mimi :) He was trying to put them on his feet however - perhaps in the hope that we would buy the rain boots? Sorry Jackman. $5 Thomas the Train shirt - yes. $35 Thomas Rain Boots - not likely.
He took a brief break from his claiming phase to help me dust Saturday morning. Nice huh? Although I strongly suspect it had to do with his establishing dominance over the entertainment unit.
Anderson came over Saturday morning for a play date and Jack's "mine" mode was in full force. To be honest, I was slightly horrified at how "toddler-esque" Jack was behaving. He was grabbing toys from Anderson & fighting with his BFF. At one point, during a shoving match in the train tent we realized that Jack, Anderson, Melissa, myself and THE BEAN were in this thing trying to create peace. (Bean is just helpful that way.) Then we realized that Jack & Anderson are really more like sibling than friends so of course they will fight like cats and dogs over stuff. That's what you do with your brother!
After that realization we just let them duke it out. And yes I'm the bad mom who captures this on camera instead of breaking it up. Behold, Anderson trying to shove Jack out of the ball pit.
And here is Jack trying to body slam Anderson as well. It looks kind of scary but I think Anderson fell down mostly from laughing at Jack's expression. I know I did :)
Playing together in peace. Yay! :)
My favorite part of the "mine" phase however came this morning. When I got Jack out of his bed, I pointed to myself and said, "Jack! Who am I?" In my arms, he poked his tiny little finger into my chest and said emphatically, "Mine!" I just hope he feels this way at 13 when I'm lame and embarrassing and still as crazy about him as ever :)
I tried to capture his claim on me later that day. Not only do you get to see his response but also his near meltdown when his train dvd wouldn't start. Priorities people.









4 comments:
Ha,ha! Love the video. It is totally precious that he claimed you. Let's be honest, you are his:) They really are siblings. Gotta love the toddler stage! And, I hate babycenter. Apparently, Anderson should be dressing himself to go prepare his own breakfast and go to work.
LOVE that you are his. Adorable.
HATE babycenter.com. HATE. Apparently kids are supposed to be walking by 18 months (Lily was like 6 months behind), and there is NO mention of hairballs. Haha.
Jack is perfect. :)
No $35. Thomas boots for Jack?? :( Poor deprived little toddler !!!!
He will be more than happy with the $3. Thomas shirt I found for him and like it by gosh!!!!Love the peaceful playdate times Jack and Anderson share-the more they interact the more they will share or at least I hope they will.How did you get him to help you dust-I never ever got any work out of you children!!!Miss my boy!!!
Hey. Don't forget that I didn't start talking until I was three...and look how I turned out! (Actually, that's kind of a scary thought ;)
Post a Comment