Thursday, June 4, 2015

Transition Complete!

Right before Jack's birthday I mentioned that Lucy had transitioned into Jack's room and they were now sleeping in the same room.  I was/am pumped but felt bad for Goose b/c she kept calling it "Jackie's room" and it did have a very overt boy feel to it.  So I made a couple treks to Target and the first Wednesday I was off from school decided to make the transition complete.  So far it has been an awesome success (mostly b/c Jack is easy going and can sleep through Lucy's lung-popping protestations about bedtime and sleep) and also because I walked in one night to this :)  He just randomly got in bed with her one night and they were all snuggled up.  It's stuff like this that makes me feel a little better when they are trying to knock each other's lights out during the daytime like Rock Em Sock Em Robots.

***Side note:  I realized later on that, while this picture is adorable, it may have occurred b/c Jack has started sleepwalking.  It only happens if someone accidentally wakes him up in the night (like if we turn on the light in the hall when their door is open) and he will climb out of bed and try to go play or get in bed with Lucy or attempt to climb the wall.  Thankfully it's only been three times and THANKFULLY the gate was up on the stairs otherwise he would have plummeted head first but I'm still not feeling good about this new possibility.  His Uncle John used to sleep walk and fell down the stairs when I was in high school.  Any way back to the room transition!

I made Lucy her own closet with little organzier shelves that were on clearance at Target.  Now she has her own closet with hooks on the wall next to it for her jacket and hats.  The dresser was cleaned out as well and now houses their pjs and swim suits.

Jack's newly organized closet as well.  I'm wondering how long the shelf assignments for t-shirts and shorts and pants will last.  I'm thinking 2 months. Tops.

I was able to relocate Jack's dino stickers to about his bed from their orignal location of the dresser wall.  And you can't really tell but I got some flower stickers for Lucy's bunk below.

Speaking of which, since there are lots of dino and construction things in that room (and the walls are blue) I found a few girly canvases to hang for Lucy.  It's taken some time but I think she finally feels like this is her room too.

And as for Baby 3...I did a little rearranging but not much.  This kid is getting very little that is brand new and that makes perfect sense to me b/c I'm pretty sure Jack and Lucy never complained about how their nurseries looked. Aiming for gender neutral here I deiced to hang a couple wooden cut outs that were in my mom and Uncle Mike's nursery when they were little.

I also put up three prints that happened to be in our rooms growing up above the changing dresser(thankfully they are mostly greens, yellows, light blues which feels gender neutral.  Apparently the big trend right now for gender neutral is gray which I'm ok with touches of that but they had comforters and hampers and blankets and bedding galore and it reminded me too much of a room resembling an elephant.

So instead I just put this little sticker art above the crib (which now has a yellow bed sheet) to add to the decor.  Now that I look at it, it is a little boyish BUT I can always girl is up later.  Lucy and Jack's room is proof of that I think. :)  Can't wait for there to be a baby in this room!!!  Baby 3 we are (almost) ready for you!

1 comment:

gloverfamily said...

The one of them in the bed together just might make all of this parenting business worth it.

Also, Jack sleep walking is hilarious. Please, please try to get a video!!!

BABY 3!!!!!!! AGH!