Birthday girl on the morning of her birthday. She picked out her favorite outfit (her little black kitty dress) and requested her favorite hair style - braided Anna pigtails. If I'm willing to braid, the girl will hold still for 2 minutes. Granted, the style I come up with is not exactly pageant worthy but it'll do. This is my favorite birthday for her so far. She understands what a birthday is now and has been talking about this for weeks now. At one point, she asked, "Are we going to have a birthday party for me?" I told her 'yes, we will have more than one.' Her reply was, "Oh thank you Mommy! Thank you so much! This makes me so happy!" She has been planning all her different parties and could not wait to begin the celebrations.
She could not wait to be "this many" :)
Her first party was bringing Frozen cupcakes to her class. Thank you Kroger for having those in stock.
That night we had her family party. I asked Lucy what she wanted for her birthday dinner and she said, "Noodles." Ok. What else? "Ummmmm....fruit. Noodles and fruit. Oh and yogurt." So that's what we all had. Egg noodles with butter and parmesan cheese, fruit, and Gogurts. And it was a hit. Then we sang to her, she blew out her candles on her pink birthday cake, and opened presents.
One of her gifts from us was a princess jewelry making kit. When it came time to assemble said jewelry I quickly made myself unavailable and Andy, in all his meticulousness, stepped up and took over this task. He does make a fancy necklace. :) We also got her a set of necklaces and bracelets off Amazon for $9 that are actually party favors but are the perfect accessory for Lucy. :) But the big gift came in the form of Peppa Pig Live tickets! Rachel had told me about Peppa Pig coming to the TN Theatre back in October and Andy and I decided that since the show was on January 29th, this would be perfect for her birthday! Plus we are all about experiences as gifts - less space taken up in my house :) So she opened a card from us and inside were the tickets. She was so excited! Since the tickets were $40 a piece though, only Lucy and I went.
So that Friday, Lucy and I had a "girls night out!" We ate at Downtown Grill and Brewery ($2.50 kids meal? Yes, please!) and then walked over to the TN Theatre for the show. It was so adorable because all around us were families with little girls bouncing up and down in excitement over going to Peppa. I cannot begin to describe how meaningful this was. Lucy and I don't often have time when it's just the two of us. I'm always having to share my time with her brothers. And I could tell she loved it too because she keeps talking about that night and how it was, "just us girls. no boys allowed!." I need to do this more often. Just a night with my little sidekick. Walking down Gay Street with my little sidekick holding my hand on our way to a big show was a memory I made a point to savor.
Selfie at the TN Theatre! This was such a sweet night. She was so excited. She jumped up and down, sang along with the songs, cheered when Peppa came out.
Now, it was a little weird too. Since Peppa is a cartoon, I was curious how they would do this live. They used these huge puppets and had actors dressed in black operating the puppets from behind. It was a tad bit strange but she still loved it.
Fireman Max was there to make sure no incendiary devices were present.
Pizza!
These two :) Such cuties.
It was also nice for the elders to get to benefit off the little ones for once. Lucy has gotten to tag along to so many parties for Jack's friends and enjoyed the perks of being a sibling so I'm glad that these guys get to experience that as well :)
There were even Elsa crowns to wear :)
Party time!
Andy was kind enough to wear his crown as well :)
Present time! Lucy was showered with so much love and so many amazing gifts. She got adorable clothes from everyone, a Peppa doll from Mimi and Granddaddy, a fancy dollhouse from BabaGaga, her very own light saber from Widdi and Rachel, and a pink bat for teeball this year from Adam and Kate! I am so pumped about this - more on teeball later.
John, Cristin, and the girls sent her this awesome Minnie Mouse art kit which we made very quick use of. And yes, you are reading the box right. 1,000 pieces :)
Lucy requested a Frozen cake and we delivered. She wanted a chocolate cake with strawberry icing. It was very good and I'm very grateful Kroger knows how to bake.
Love this precious girl.
She was not crazy though about having to wait on blowing out the candle while we sang.
Happy birthday Goose!
Later that night Lucy relaxed from her big day by coloring in Gaga's coloring books :) She's such a little person now. I can't believe that 3 years have gone by this quickly. We love you little Goose and can't wait to see what your 4th year brings us!
























No comments:
Post a Comment