We took short breaks to swing though as required by the union.
After getting all grubby, the kiddos got cleaned up and then did a rare "snuggle" on the couch. I love how people will post pictures of their children getting along and loving each other and using hashtags like #siblinglove and #mycubs. For me, the above picture is rare.
Because most of the time my kids are doing this. WWIII in the backyard.
Mid-April Andy and I went with Chelsea and Nathan to Nashville for an overnight visit and concert! It was so fun to have adult time. We ate at Acme Feed and Seed, then got some drinks down the road, and then....
Mumford and Sons!!!! I remember being fresh on maternity leave back in October and nursing Charlie while I fought internet scalpers to buy tickets online. And even though I fought the good fight, we ended up with nosebleed seats. Oddly enough, nosebleed actually suits us. We aren't in the crowd, we can actually stand up as much as we want without worrying about blocking people, and had easy access to the bathroom. It was pretty perfect.
The next morning Andy and I ate brunch in Nashville at Another Broken Egg Cafe (memories of FL!) and low and behold - this was on the menu! Hey Lucy!
Andy actually ordered it and it was pretty good :)
So where were the children during all of this?
Having a blast at Baba and Gagas!
Even though Baba and Gaga institute their own form of child labor at some point. You can tell from her expression that Gaga is not impressed with Lucy's meal prep.
Charlie was there to supervise. he did a wonderful job. I have zero Jack pictures from the visit but in my defense, we were there for about two seconds.
Andy's birthday was in April as well so I surprised him with his very own handmade sign. I decided to just give in to his watch obsession. This is me just accepting that my house will forever be a watch factory. Sigh. But if it puts that kind of smile on his face, it's worth it :)
Speaking of worth it, let's talk mobility. This kid has mastered rolling and scooting. And will at times find himself in predicaments such as the one above. And if you zoom in on this picture, you will see the cutest, happiest baby ever. Although mobility may be terrifying, if it brings this smile - it's worth it.
I foresee much of my summer like this. Giving up on any kind of plan and having Charlie chilling in the background.
We are almost finished up with baseball season. I feel like an awful mom because I haven't been able to attend all of Jack's games. But the ones we do make it to (about 75%) are so fun. I love seeing how much he's grown and I also love watching Andy and Jack on the field together.
The other two - during the games. Completely engrossed in the action.
#9!
On the Saturday of Andy's birthday, after attending both Jack and Lucy's games, we drove out to East Knoxville for Andy's other birthday present. Thanks to a suggestion from Adam, I booked Andy 4 laps around a motorcross course in a Ferrari F430. The kids entertained themselves while we waited on the random bleachers at Chilhowee Park. :)
Andy getting instruction before taking his laps :)
Is it bad that I can't tell it's a Ferrari? I just don't know cars. But I will say, this was a very loud, fast car. Watching Andy go around the course was really fun. It was one of those "dream car" experiences that I hope he liked. Given his grin afterward, I think that he did. He told me the power behind this thing is crazy. It was fun/terrifying to drive it :)
Happy birthday Andy!!! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment