How do we beat the heat during summer? By baking things! I realize this is counterintuitive but bear with me. Lucy helped me make blueberry pies on day because I had some random puff pastry in the freezer and blueberries were on sale.
June 30th marked Pretzel's 1 year Gotcha Anniversary! We love this little puppy so much and are so happy he's in our lives. 5 points if you can actually find him in this picture.
Andy bought a pair of clippers at the store to start buzzing his own head and wanted to do Jack's one afternoon. I asked that he keep Jack's haircut - just make it shorter.
Instead he gave him a buzzcut. Jack was at first not crazy happy about this but when we told him that he looked like an army man he immediately cheered up. He does look adorable here. But needless to say, Andy will not be cutting his hair again.
We have had many a picnic upstairs. I was the guest of honor with Wonder Woman, some mom from her dollhouse, and a barbie of Native American descent? I'm not sure.
I spent most of the week last week packing us for the beach. I think Pretzel knew something was up because he hovered over me for 4 straight days. #myshadow
We broke up the week with more and more pool time. Lucy got brave enough by this point to jump in the pool. she was doing this last summer but got shy and scared again over the year. Now she does it all the time.
Jack was sweet and wanted to hold her hand at one point. Love them :) Especially when they aren't trying to kill each other.
We also mixed it up with the water and brought out the slip and slide one afternoon. Which also served a dual purpose in that it watered our lawn as well.
The night before we left for the beach, we invited our favorite family over for dinner and some pool fun. The kids had corn dogs and smores and juice while Melissa and I had pesto, blueberry pies, and wine (I guess that's also juice though) then we swam until 8 pm. It was awesome. And a nice reminder that summer evenings are the perfect time to catch up with good friends.
Or catching up with your Godmother.
Melissa said it right, this was a good time. Although it's hot, kids are nonstop, the humidity is gross and everything is exhausting - nothing beats summer :)














No comments:
Post a Comment