Friday, September 16, 2016

So far this September

September is kicking my butt and I'm sad to say I will only have about 3 September posts this month because...well, life.  So here is a quick photo dump to satisfy my need to document my children's lives but also make sure I cover important stuff before Charlie turns...wait for it... 1 year old!!!

Sometimes you just need a good Charlie picture.  Especially one where he's missing his pants.

And one where he eats spaghetti is always appreciated. :)  We have successfully transitioned to real people food now and it's hilarious/sad.  I love that my little guy with just 4 tiny teeth (his top two broke through this month!) is mashing on roast beef sandwiches and hamburgers and green beans.  But I'm sad that I will no longer be buying containers of baby food and feeding him with a spoon.  Well, with the exception of yogurt.  I cannot trust him with that just yet.


We asked Jack what sport he wanted to do this fall and he requested Flag Football.  So far he really enjoys it (he is on a team with his buddies Anderson and Noah).  It covers the important bases - teamwork, basic rules, etc.  But I get the feeling that this sport will not last beyond this season.  Already he is asking about baseball and swimming so while I'm glad he's getting this experience, I won't necessarily be sorry when it ends.  I might change my tune once the temperature cools down and we aren't dripping sweat during practice.

At least the Thursday night practice comes with entertainment!  Lucy asks every week when we are going to football so she can play with Max :)



Let's talk about Lucy for a second.  Lucy, it's no surprise, is my most challenging child.  On the day I took this picture, she had the most epic meltdown in the car.  And by epic, I'm talking hyperventilating, hysterical, threw up on herself crying meltdown.  And all because I wouldn't go back for her My Little Pony.  Lucy is passionate, caring, and emotional.  Basically, she's a girl.  But there are definitely times when I feel like I'm failing her.  I don't know how to handle the craziness without adding my own craziness and that doesn't really help things.  I mean, she is precious and beautiful and kind.  But at times a little psycho.  In the most lovable way possible.  For example, she will kick at me during a tantrum, bending my toenail back until it snaps in the process, and then bring me flowers and tell me she loves me more than anything in the world one hour later.  she is an enigma.


A precious one though.  My mother keeps sending Lucy dresses that make me think I'm actually raising a real princess. Lucy has worn shorts and a shirt once in the past 6 months.  But can you blame her?  These dresses are too damn cute.  Plus, I gotta love this girl. Recently I took Lucy to Target to pick up my dad's birthday gift.  While at Customer Service, Lucy gave the poor 17 year old girl working the register a rundown on who her favorite princesses are and why she is going to be Belle for Halloween.  Direct quote: "Belle is very smart because she reads books all the time and she doesn't need a boy to save her.  She can save herself.  That's what real princesses do."  She followed that comment up with, "pink is my favorite color."

Love notes from our 6 year old.  I'm digging this whole writing sentences on your own thing :)

I love this because of two things:  He recognizes that he has responsibilities.  And he spelled apartment and human in the best ways possible.



I mean, this is possibly the best perk of having a kid learn to read and write.  Random notes taped to your door.




This was from Charlie's day last month and I had to include it.  if you know Charlie, he doesn't cry.  Ever. But the fact that he got a "temper" for the first time that his own teacher thought it funny and worth noting is the best.  Poor Charlie.  Love him :)

We got bored one weekend and decided to make a solar oven to cook smores!  (I stole the idea off of Nicole's blog - thanks!)  It worked really well but I'm a little perturbed that it is hot enough in September to do this.  I mean, c'mon Fall.  We are waiting.



We did two rounds over the weekend because who doesn't love smores?

And College Football started this month!  Charlie is the embodiment of Alabama fandom with his legs here. They just scream Roll Tide!  Love this chub chub :)


No comments: