Tuesday, January 24, 2017

January 2017

Until I get a better handle on balancing work/home life, my blog posts might become monthly summaries for a while.  So here's January for ya!
First week of January we finally got some snow!  It wasn't a ton but enough to go out on Saturday and play and sled.  We were able to make a few snow angels and then go sledding with Andy.

 Charlie loved it until he touched it.  Then not so much.  Next year Charlie will be your year buddy.  I promise.
He did enjoy eating the snow from the warmth of his home.


I bought some $5 sleds at 5 and Below and they were worth.  Grateful for Andy taking Jack and Lucy out sledding for 45 minutes.  I don't think I would have lasted that long.




Lucy was cracking me up because I could hear her down the street yelling, "Best day ever!"



Being a kid is just way too fun :)


 That night we played some games while Lucy played photog.

 I got to snuggle a cozy little Pretzel.


 Charlieman ;)  He loves this little bunny mom got him for Christmas and carries it everywhere.

 Jack snuggled Pretzel as well.  He's an equal opportunity snuggler.

 At one point, we visited Melissa to burn off some energy and Charlie got away from me only to fall off the steps and bonk his head.  I didn't realize at the time but Lucy not only took a picture of him crying but then sent it to my mother.  How does she know to do this?  It's such a comfort to know that I can already predict which of my children will write a scathing expose about my terrible mothering.  #mommiedearest



 There were many fun birthday parties to attend in January.  Lucy got to go to one at Tataru's.

 Then Melissa planned an amazing one at Ijams for Anderson's bday party - it was Harry Potter themed and so perfect!  I did not manage to get many if any pictures of the event because...

 This one doesn't sit still. But after the party Jack got to spend the night with Anderson and had such a blast.  He came back talking football nonstop and now just wanted to practice in the backyard.  I blame you Melissa.

 Then there's this guy.  We joined the Y again so that we could take advantage of the indoor pool and our Glover friends!  charlie's ginormous size is proving useful in that he can now fit into a puddle jumper.  Perks of being a chubby baby I suppose.

 Speaking of chubby - his 15 month stats!  How?  How do I only make giant babies?  With giant heads?  He checked out absolutely perfect and his tubes are still intact and doing a good job draining any fluid from his ear.  Praise the Lord.

 Taking advantage of the warm crazy weather to throw the baseball in the backyard.  Jack has decided that he wants to do baseball and soccer this spring.  And Lucy is doing soccer.  This will be fun but I get the feeling that poor Charlie will now experience what it feels like to be dragged along for the ride.

 Another birthday party.

 Fun times at the Y pool :)  I'm grateful for water babies.  This is the only form of exercise I actually enjoy.


 So much dancing takes place in our den in the evenings.  My kids have become addicted to YouTube clips and just want to watch videos where people dance.  I'm not sure where they get that gene from...


 More Pretzel snuggles.


 And lastly, family snuggles.  I do love our new couch when it affords me the chance to hold all three of the big kids next to me.  And there's even room to spare for Charlie later on :)

2 comments:

gloverfamily said...

I keep thinking of what I want to say and then I see a new pic and forget!!

Love Charlie in the puddle jumper and all of the pretzel snuggle pics! Lucy is adorable, as always! Love all of the updates!

Dotti said...

I always read these blog posts - but I rarely post s comment either from user error or just that I talk you all the time so you know what I think :) I love how you can chronicle your busy days this way and the kids will be so glad you did!!