Saturday, February 25, 2017

February

A little taste of our February :)

 Every once in a while Facebook will remind me that I've basicaly birthed the same little boy 6 years apart.

 Charlie has managed to surprise us with his climbing abilities lately.  This is tame.  The other morning I walked into the kitchen to find him standing on top of the table. He thought it was hilarious.  I lost about five years off my life.

 Jack is so so so wanting a turtle or fish.  We will go check them out from time to time at Petco.  I'm resisting mostly because I know that at some point we will forget about this little guy and it'll be my hamster in NC all over again.


My children's fascination with the ocean right now though doesn't really help.  You would think of all the things I could pass on to my children, it would be the fear of deep water and creatures.  But no.

 We have also been on a redecorating kick the past month.  We got new furniture but Andy has always wanted a leather chair/recliner.  I finally caved but in order to make it work we had to do some rearranging with our furniture.  I am not completely crazy about the new arrangement - it just doesn't feel homey yet, but it does allow for us to have an extra chair in the den and I found artwork that goes with the stuff we bought.  That little octagon window makes it hard to find stuff for the wall but I think it works. This was also a realization that I will never be on an HGTV show or do anything remotely related to renovation.  Just finding a painting that we both agree on took forever.




In the middle of February, Knox County got the flu.  Everyone was sick - including me. And our benevolent superintendent granted us a 4 day break.  We didn't get snow this year but we did get sickness.  not too bad!  I felt like garbage for the first couple of days but these kiddos offered to snuggle with me to make me feel better :)


On the last day of our sick break - I decided that we needed a zoo day.  So we met up with Andy, Rachel and Widdi to enjoy a nice, somewhat warm zoo day!


 We had such a fun time - Charlie especially :)


 Did I mention we weren't getting snow?  That's because February 11th was basically April.  Here we are, enjoying a nice evening outside, and the grass looks like it needs mowing.  It has been nuts and a little weird to not have cold weather but since I personally hate cold weather I don't really mind too much.  Plus warm weather means flowers and flip flops.  I'm all for that. :)


 In adult news, Lizzi took me to the opera one afternoon!  She bought tickets in the fall to see La Boheme.  It was so fun!  We got all fancy and listened to people sing in Italian (made me want to watch Moonstruck when I got home :) It was also awesome to have a sister date.  We got all cultured and then went to dinner afterwards just the two of us.  Every once in a while you need a sister date :) John Kersey needs to move back to the South so we can do sibling dates.  It's a necessity :)

La Boheme wasn't the only chance to get cultured.  FHS was putting on The Phantom of the Opera and since I had several students in the production I wanted to go see it.  But it was also a Friday night and I felt bad about leaving Andy with all three kids.  So Jack went with me and Rachel to check it out.  It was SO GOOD and Jack loved it!  In fact, he told me he wanted to dress at the Phantom for Storybook Character Day next year.  Why?  Because he was impressed with the awesome performance (and he might also be the coolest, sweetest kid ever.)  Watching productions like this reminds me that teenagers are really amazing people that get a bad wrap.  They are capable of such cool things.


 Valentine's Day also happened this month!  The biggest change to this holiday was Lucy addressing her own Valentine's.  I don't even think I had jack doing this at 4.  She has learned so much since moving to the pre-K class and we are constantly impressed with how smart and sharp she is.  Even her doctor at her 4 month check up was telling me she is ready for Kindergarten with the way she communicates and writes.

 Apparently she is not only ready for Kindergarten but also for the WNBA.

  February treated us well :)  And we are pumped about the early promise of Spring!

No comments: