Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Spring Sports & 1st Grade



 This has nothing to do with the title.  I'm just pointing out that we are still getting use out of Lucy flower girl dress from last year.  #practicalprincess


 This spring we are doing two sports.  We asked Jack back in January if he wanted to do baseball.  He was not crazy red hot about the idea but since Andy was assistant coaching he wanted to do it.  He's really improved and grown here and I love watching him play.  Especially the games when he's catcher (that was Andy's old position :) We are beginning to enter into that phase when it's unclear how much longer he will be interested in this sport but for now he's enjoying it and we love no longer being trapped on those tiny t-ball fields!

 The other sport we are doing is soccer!  This was something both Jack and Lucy begged to be signed up for.  I decided on Y soccer since it is the pinnacle of low key.  And because their ages worked out, they were on the same team!!!  How cute is this???  I was worried for a second that Jack would be ticked but he didn't mind that much.  Once we started playing through, something because very apparent.

Jack was completely into going after the ball and getting in the game.

Lucy just wanted to give everyone hugs.  She refuses most games to even follow after the ball.  Oh well.  Andy and I both decided that this summer we are going to let her check out some dance or gymnastics classes and see if we can find something that really interests her.



 Charlie does love being their cheering section though.

 Their little team.

 Love this :)  It'll probably never happen again but I'm gonna enjoy it for now.


 Needless to say, after the game all three kids needed baths.  Rub a dub dub, three Brimers in a tub.

 On April 4th, Jack's school had an Open House.  Jack was so excited to show us his classroom and even let Lucy and Charlie tag along :)

 Art outside the classroom.

 Adjectives Jack used to describe himself.  My favorite is......flexible?

 Love his little self portrait.

 When he grows up, he wants to be a "sintest."  :)

 The class picture I was too cheap to buy was thankfully displayed in the classroom.


 We even visited his art class and saw some of his work!  I have to say, Jack has really grown this year.  His reading has taken off and he is now bringing home chapter books and reading them to us.  It's so exciting and I'm just blow away with how much they learn in just the 1st grade.


 In other random news, I'm finally checking something off my bucket list.  I've always wanted to be able to make biscuits from scratch.  Ta-da!  And they were edible too! Yay me :)

 April is a busy month, as you'll see in the posts to follow.  Most days I was jealous of Pretzel and wished for his nap schedule.  Summer is almost here, right?

No comments: