For example, in real life you go pick your kid up from daycare one day and find that he's face planted on the concrete while playing outside. Yet still smiles and looks adorable. Pay attention to that one spot on Charlie's forehead. He will bang it at least 3 more times before the month is up. #poorguy
Real life also includes when your sister interviews for a job at your school - AND GETS IT!!!! AHHHH!!!! LIZZI IS GOING TO BE A FARRAGUT WITH ME!!!!!! more on this later :)
Charlie helping me garden with a snowball maker.
We bought new deck furniture this past month. I LOVE it. My beloved green wall planter that Andy built years ago had started to rot at the bottom and I told him that as much as I'd love another one (because that thing was gorgeous when it was in bloom) I'd really love a place to sit on my deck and just enjoy my yard. Behold :)
Jack had his 1st Grade Music Concert on May 1st. It was so cute! He was practicing his songs in the car all week and couldn't wait for us to watch him. And I'm proud to say his "ham" personality was in true form. He was one of the only kids who bowed after each song.... :)
There was a song with a kazoo in it and the kazoos made their way home with us. Thankfully this kazoo also disappeared after a couple days. I'm not sure what happened it it ?????
More random moments, when you ask Charlie to do the "face" this is what you get. It cracks us up every time. He just started doing it and we can't get enough. Another ham in the family I'm afraid :)
Jack got to have a sleepover in May as well when Anderson came over to spend the night! We ordered pizza and the boys spent the majority of a cold, rainy evening holed up in the bonus room playing Xbox. It was serene. I kept checking on them to make sure they were ok because they were so quiet up there. Once again, it does get easier.
More random moments - Jack is completely engrossed in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. He's read 7 of them so far and can't get enough. It's the cutest thing to come downstairs in the morning to this. He reads them in his bed at night, in the car on the way to school, whenever he can.
Random moment #342: I've finally learned how to make biscuits from scratch. I feel like I'm officially Southern. Finally.
Sometimes I will get 5 minutes of snuggle time with these two on the couch after Charlie is in bed. These are my favorite random moments.
I went to Lowes for a basil plants and left with...well...a lot more. #typical
Charlie will sometimes grab my oven mitts and attempt normal life with them on. He gets ticked when you take them off. It's very funny and once again, random.
The Jeep has made an appearance now that weather has warmed. And Charlie has now learned to drive! It's one of his favorite things to do now and he's a quick study :)
At the end of May, Jack played his final baseball game of the season (and perhaps for a while - he's not as hot on it anymore but who knows what the next couple seasons will bring.)
Lucy was a very good cheering section while he was at bat. Charlie was very good at eating all the snacks we could buy at the concession stand. :)
Also in big news, Lucy is taking swim lessons and doing great! She is kicking butt and taking names and giving me hope that I will only have to keep an eye on one kid at the pool this summer.

















1 comment:
Charlie's oven mitts are the BEST!!!
So happy that you and Lizzi get to be together!!
Love all of this!
Post a Comment