Saturday, June 10, 2017

Summer

The first part of our summer has started off very Glover-heavy.  Which is the best way possible!  First there was Max's birthday party at The Muse!  Melissa did an awesome job planning this Ghostbusters themed party for the most precocious, hilarious little 4 year old ever.  And it gave me flashbacks of the days when Lizzi wanted to be a Ghostbuster when she grew up :) 
  
Nicole brought her nice camera and took these awesome pictures of my kids and sent them to me.  Which was so so nice of her and clearly look better than anything I could have taken on my phone.  By the way, how much do you love how Charlie's face matches the character on his shirt.  #truetolife

Goose :)

Charlie loved the Muse.  We will definitely have to return.

Jack was a fan of the cupcakes :)

It was such a great party!  Melissa did a fantastic job.


The next week Melissa gave us some free passes to join them at Splash Country!  It was a first for us and we loved it!  Even though it was freakin' freezing the entire time.  I love these kids :)

A stranger was even nice enough to chronicle the fact that Melissa and I were there too!

Lunch time in the freezing rain.

Charlie, just as with Dollywood, came for the snacks.


Summer continued on with water balloon ambushes in the backyard.

Charlie hard at work on his computer.

Lucy obsessing about My Little Pony and leaving these tiny figurines all over the floor for me to step on and curse.  These are the girl version of Legos.  And they hurt like a mother.

We also hit up the zoo with the new tiger exhibit with Widdi!  Check out how close you get now!  It's insane!

I just love our zoo.  Each year it continues to improve and impress.  I just wish that tiger wasn't looking at my kids like a snack.

Charlie enjoyed the gators.

All the kids loved the otters - including Widdi. :)

And we ended our fun, lengthy zoo visit with an hour in the splash pad!  This was Charlie's first time to run around in it and he was hesitant at first.

But...

That didn't last.  and it was so hot that day that Lizzi and I throughly enjoyed sitting in the shade and the mist while the kids ran around and had the best childhood ever.


Charlie has been trained well on how to water my plants.

So now we can enjoy stuff like this over the summer!  Caprese salad.

And blueberry pastries :)  (full disclosure - these are not from my bushes.  We have a while to go for that.)

Lucy has accomplished so much with her lessons!  She is doing great and now doesn't even want to wear her floatie.  I'm super proud of her for busting it to get to this point.

Jack is also working on riding his bike and is really doing well.  We have switched to learning in the grass in the backyard so his falls don't hurt quite so much.  His bike is still a little tall for him but he's doing really well so far. :)  Every time he crashes though I remember how I earned my scarred knees on the road in front of our house.  So much hydrogen peroxide that summer hit my legs.  We should have bought stock in the company.

And finally, our last accomplishment is this kid learning how to drive the jeep.  It's terrifying and hilarious all at once.


1 comment:

gloverfamily said...

I love all of this, but Charlie playing on his laptop is my favorite! 😂 He looks like a little grown up.