Thursday, May 31, 2018

May 2018

May 2018 was busy with birthday parties, dance recitals, sifting through our recent move, and concerts.  

Jack had a bowling party for his 8th birthday.  He invited just a handful of good friends (I'm over the blanket request to an entire class only to have 5 people RSVP.  It's not worth the stress and the cost and the disappointment to my child when people he sees every day don't show up for his party.)  And it was so much fun!





Lucy played another season of YMCA soccer.  She did much better - meaning she should interest and effort this time around - and of course loved having an activity.  Charlie enjoyed walking around and seeing the chickens the whole time.
I may have forgotten his shoes one day and put him in Lucy's crocs.  Stylin'



Lucy had her dress rehearsal for her dance recital and I can honestly say, I've never stressed about making a bun more in my life.  But she looked lovely.

Absolutely precious.
Except when I told her that I wanted one more picture... Lucy... sigh.

My bun game was strong.





My flowers are slowly coming together.




For Mother's Day I asked for a flower bed along the back deck.  Above is the finished product.



Andy even bought a cultivator to make this bed awesome.
He's the best hubby ever.

One of Jack's bday gifts.  Kind of funny yet scary.

Jack is now a Bear Cub at Cub Scouts!

Also, Lucy is enrolled.  What is happening???  No!

Never hurts to have mom send you a picture of your childhood awkwardness.  Memories are great aren't they?  (Fashion is not.)


 That random bed in the middle will be gone soon.  Very soon.

 Jack's 8 yr appt went great!  Growing like a weed :)

 Jack had a great season of Concord Soccer in the Spring!  We loved watching him play and excel at something he likes.

 One nursery visit later...
 And my new flower bed is full :)

 Love my sleeping babies.

 Last day of 2nd grade!

 And last day of FPS!

 Jack's end of year recognition :)  Love this kids love of reading.

 Lucy had her dance recital on May 26th.  Andy was part of the performance which was awesome :)  It was the sweetest thing ever.
 She looks so much like her daddy here.  Love both these faces.




 She did so great!  Best little tiny dancer on the stage :)



Video of Lucy and Andy's debut ;)
https://youtu.be/YCB9iKcvxak



After her recital, we left the kids with Mom and Dad so we could go to Nashville and watch U2 in concert.  This was a huge bucket list item for Andy and U2 did not disappoint :)



Video of their performance 
https://youtu.be/gFKzW4K9NUc

 We drove back the next day to attend Max's 5th bday party at Ijams! 

 Mom and Dad stayed one more night and then took Jack and Lucy back with them for the week b/c I had inservice days and bc they needed to spoil two of their grandchildren. I did not give them Charlie b/c Mr. Wrecking Ball would have been waaay too much to handle. 

 On Wednesday night, Andy and I went to another concert - Fitz and the Tantrums!

 I love live music!

 Before driving to get the kids, I planted my herb garden. Finally.

 And some oak leaf hydrangeas.  B/c I wanted to.

 Got all my kids back on a Friday and it felt great to be reunited with them all! 

Now on to summer!


No comments: