Monday, December 31, 2018

December 2018

I'm becoming a big fan of Instagram stories bc it saves the captions on my pictures and saves me from having to remember the exact purpose of every photo.  The next level of documentation has arrived!

December was as usual a busy and exciting month.  End of the semester, Christmas, New Years, time off with the kids.  We did our best to live this one to the fullest. :)


Still some soccer happening...

And lots of outdoor time with the mild weather we received.


I got this from Charlie's teacher after Thanksgiving.  I love his sweet face and the fact that he still loves all things construction equipment. The day he stops pointing out trucks, mixers, mail trucks, etc on the road will be a very sad day.

For my early Christmas present, I got an Alexa Show.  She is amazing.  Basically my sister wife.  We are all in love with her.



So far I'm still sticking with St. Nick Day and leaving shoes out for candy.  let's hope I can keep this up next year.

Smeary face Pretzel.

More soccer...

We went to a family Christmas party for Andy's office in December.  I cannot stress enough how much we love his new bank and how happy he is to be working for them.


December Girls Night was at Painting with a Twist.

Loved this and love this group of women!

We got a tiny bit of snow one day which was exciting for a little while.  The only disappointing part was that this happened on a Sunday so... no school cancellations.





Pretzel took advantage of the fire many times.

Jack continues to make and learn awesome things at Cub Scouts.


Susan and I are continuing our Wednesday night after TKD tradition of El Mezcal.  Charlie is enjoying the cheese dip.  As always.

Love this guy.

We mailed our letter to Santa!





Charlie took a nap and we made a very fancy gingerbread house.


Both Lucy and Jack had class parties on the same day and I got to go to both of them - working mom win!!!




Pizza for the win.  Andy was out of town for three days in Nashville so we made use of many fast food opportunities.


For Andy's Pinnacle orientation, they got to visit the Titans stadium which was pretty cool and he got to scale the infamous "wall."




The following weekend we attended Susan's annual Christmas party and had the BEST time :)

We had our Morristown Christmas but sadly I didn't get pictures.  Lucy got this adorable apron from Mimi and an Easy Bake Oven which we were quick to put to use :)





I attempted to get a picture of the kiddos after Christmas Eve Mass.  This was the best I could do.

Family Christmas dinner!  Probably my favorite Christmas tradition.

Oh Charlie...




Christmas morning!!!


I made a breakfast casserole for the me and Andy and then pancakes for the kids.

Lucy tried out her roller skates from Santa.  And didn't fall - success!




Charlie's present from Baba and Gaga :)

So much PlayDoh.

And many mimosas...

The next morning we headed to Jackson for another round of Christmas cheer!

Cheers!

Jack got Clue and beat us all.


I made this thing again bc it was so delicious.

Baba tried to beat him but no such luck.



I had the idea to break into teams while we were there and have a gingerbread house competition.  Dad and I took on Rachel & Lucy, Mom and Jack, and Andy and Lizzi.  I think Dad and I won but the judges were a little too accommodating... 😜

Andy is not the best sport it would seem...



Finished products!

I do think this one was the cutest though.

Lucy wanted to bring her skates with her but it was too cold to go outside so we improvised.

Excavator pancakes!




This was our New Years Eve.  And it was glorious.  I think we were watching Coco.


Hogwarts!!! I've never liked Legos - until now.  Poor Jack, I kept grabbing the book from him and trying to do it for him - which was unnecessary of course.



Pretty cool huh???

Lucy also had fun decorating her birdhouse from Cristin and John :)

We had an excellent Christmas and New Years.  This year was filled with tragedies and successes and while I don't want to rush through time with my children, I'm glad for 2018 to be over.  Here's hoping 2019 brings with it more light and promise.

No comments: