Jack is three months old today!!! And as you can tell from the picture above he is ready to start work (about time too -diapers are expensive!). Daddy has already schooled him on how to tie a bowtie. :) I just love three months. Not that one month or two months wasn't awesome - but my friend Melissa was so right - it keeps getting easier and easier. So far at three months we are:- holding our head up fairly well. We still get some bobble head action going on but when you've got such a big brain it can be difficult to keep it in check.
- rolling over from tummy to back. No back to tummy yet but I think that day is coming soon...
- able to put our fist in our mouth and suck on our fingers. Now I'm being super diligent about cleaning out his hands. I don't know how he does it but baby hands are like adult belly buttons - they are magnets for lint! Ew!
- bringing our hands together & gripping things. Most notably is his burp cloth - it's his new favorite chew toy (whoops that makes him sound like a dog). It's his new favorite thing. There. :)
- eating 5 oz every 3-4 hours. He's a hungry boy as evidenced by his milk gut
- last but not least - sleeping through the night! Sort of. Jack goes to bed around 8:30-9 and sleeps until 4-6. After which he'll get a bottle and go right back to bed til 7:30-8:30. This by far is the best part :) I actually get to sleep again!
Behold - the fist in the mouth. He didn't think I was looking but then...
Busted! But two seconds later he decided he was not too proud and went right back to it.
See...shameless...
We are also practicing sitting up more. The fist thing helps with balance I suppose...
He's contemplating something deep here...perhaps a poop? Who knows...
We've also taken to waving. Not really but I did notice I got a couple shots where it looked like it.
Such a patient boy...
Proof that I exist...
We also are getting into toys more. Here are some squishy toys courtesy of my mom.
He's already onto solids. Look at the damage he did at Salsaritas. That look seems to say, "Wow - I should've gotten the small burrito instead...ugh..."
Lastly, since it is the 3 month mark, I had to pack up some things that we've outgrown. His 4 oz bottles, his tiny 0-3 month clothes, and (here was the most traumatic part) his SWADDLE! He's actually outgrown it and is sleeping great without it. I was having nightmares about this but it turned out ok. The only negative side effect is now his flailing legs occasionally get stuck in the slats between his crib. Very sad. And as I look at this picture I realize that I've got to go remove the swaddle from storage b/c it was borrowed. Oops!
I know this is random but Jack really likes the ceiling. Particularly the light fixture on it. He spends lots of time during the day talking to it. It's pretty hilarious as evidenced by the video below but I have to wonder - what the heck is he looking at?!One of these videos is of him looking at the ceiling. The other is him staring at the camera while listening to the Moosebutter Star Wars Tribute to John Williams. He loves it. So weird :)
4 comments:
He's so vocal now!! Can't wait to see him again!
haha nicely done Clare
Happy 3 months!!! It DOES get so much easier. Whew. Doing great, though!!
I love the videos! Life without the swaddle is one of the first milestones of independence I think. It has to be harder for the mom than for the baby!
Post a Comment