Monday, July 5, 2010

Jack's First Fourth!!!

A very momentous weekend if I must say. Not only was it the 4th of July - America Rocks! - but Jack got to spend it with lots of people he loves! He is already a mega patriot - sporting an adorable "Baby's First 4th" outfit courtesy of his Auntie Melissa and spending the holiday like most god-fearing "Americuns" - sleeping in and working on his beer gut (or I should say milk gut. have you seen his tummy? it's so round! I love it!)
Here he is with his daddy preparing for the festivities. If you notice that Andy and I look a little tired that's because we didn't sleep much the night before. Why? Well certainly not because Jack didn't sleep. Saturday night Jack decided to give his parents a heart attack by going to bed at 9:30 pm and not waking until....wait for it...6:15!!!!!!! I'm not kidding. We both woke at 4 am and kept running in there to check on him to see if he was ok. I know I am greatly anticipating the day when he sleeps through the nite. I just didn't anticipate the flippin' nervous breakdown I would experience as we adjust to it.

To celebrate the 4th, Lizzi, Ali, and the Glovers came over for a cookout! :)
Aunt Ali quickly became Jack's favorite sleeping place. :)
Because Anderson is now crawling (at 5 months!) we moved the ottoman out of the way and laid blankets down for the babies to roll around on. It also served at a makeshift picnic location! Notice Bean is slowly ingratiating herself to Ali in order to get some hot dog...
I know I look strange what with my weird hair falling in my face but ignore that and zoom in on the Jackman. I love this expression!
Here's Jack and Anderson high-fiving about America's birthday! I know Jack looks like he's crying but really he's saying to Anderson, "America is awesome! Can I get a witness?! Up top brother!"
I love this picture b/c it sums up motherhood for me. Trying to pose your babies is a laughable thing - not because there are so flippin cute (although that does help) but mostly because when you are trying to capture their beautiful childhood on film one of them wants to cry and the other looks like he's trying to make a break for it. Thank God Melissa is there to be a "mother-in-arms" with me!
Not the best pic of Jack but Lizzi looks really good so I thought I'd post this one. See? Aren't I such a thoughtful sister?
A great family photo - minus the Bean :( She's have to get in the next one.
Since we didn't get to see Granddaddy on father's day due to a work emergency, today we made the trip to Morristown to see Granddaddy and Mimi! Here is Jack snuggling with Terry in the pharmacy - poor Terry. He was such a good sport when 3 seconds after this picture was taken Jack emptied the contents of his stomach down the front of both of them. Like any true Granddaddy he found it endearing :)
Three generations of Brimers having a ball!
We then had a stopover at the house to visit with Mimi and show her some smiles!
On a final strange note, we've discovered that Jack is a video game junkie. He lays there mesmerized while Andy plays Mario Kart! It's really cute but a little frightening how much he digs the tv...
Here's some video to prove it! You can almost hear him saying "Go Dad!" in the background.

3 comments:

Dotti said...

I just love that face!! Looks like you guys had a good time. Jack looks like he really enjoyed his time with Terry -sweet pictures :) Can't wait to hold my little guy - although so many of my friends have dibs on him I may not get as much time as I had hoped :)

Lizzi Kersey said...

I'm so proud of Jack for discovering the awesomeness that is watching Andy play Nintendo! He is definitely my nephew. :)

Sylvos said...

Baby suit, baby outfit, SAME THING. btw my nephew looks cute. You are a dork.
The End
And it's
Millenium Falcon pronounced "Fall-cun" not "Fal-Con"
George Lucas is a dork.