Since this is our last week of hanging out until I go back to school, Jack and I spent several hours cramming as much playtime in as possible. In fact, over the weekend I had my first bout of "daycare guilt" so what do I do? Buy him an expensive toy. But it was totally worth it! Andy & I picked out a wicked jumperoo for him and he LOVES IT! It's got lights, toys, music - everything!
I love these cheeks :) And his five chins :)
Sometimes we just like to watch tv in the jumperoo. It's like a pimped out lazy boy...
Even Bean likes to use it as a fort! Fun for the whole family :)
This is a shot of Jack after we bounced a little too hard in the jumperoo and emptied the contents of our bottle on our shirt. Lesson learned. He had a few more spit ups so we decided to forgo clothes and be the Naked Man for the day. I must say though that as I looked at Jack's toys something occurred to me. See if you notice...
Here's his crinkle album he likes to play with...
His jumperoo...
His play mat...
And his fish toy that plays nautical music...Do you see the connection yet? Most of his stuff has an ocean theme! He's even wearing a crab outfit! How is it that my own son has toys that represent the very thing I avoid?! (for those that don't know - I hate deep water and whales scare the bejesus out of me.) Since Jack has shown a preference for the ocean, Andy has given our son a new nickname - Jack Cousteau. Thereby giving me number 15 on the list of cool Halloween costumes for our son. (Some others include Jack in a Box and Jack & the Beanstalk). So below we have a video of our underwater explorer checking out life below in his new jumperoo.
On a completely unrelated but awesome note, Andy brought me some roses on Tuesday b/c I wasn't feeling all that great. What a sweet husband :)
3 comments:
Why does that Cousteau thing follow me around (thanks Kim!) and now my grandson!!
Maybe you feel bad about your dislike of whales so there is a subtle (or not) strain of appeasement in buying him ocean theme toys.
Can't wait to see him this weekend !!!
It is so fitting that all of this was discovered during Shark Week on Discovery channel!! I love, love the pic of Bean under it. I miss that boy even though he is down the street from me!
Please let him go as Jack in a Box for Halloween!
Post a Comment