Monday, January 31, 2011

The Bright Side

I have learned over these past 9 months that when you're a mom, you try your hardest to make the best out of crummy situations. You kind of have to though. If you don't you will drive yourself insane with worry and frustration. Therefore, this post is entitled The Bright Side b/c I'm trying to see the bright side of every situation. For example, Jack has bronchiolitis and a sinus infection. He's on his 4th antibiotic in 9 months & needs nebulizer treatments. Not something unheard of but still frustrating & stressful (it sucks to hear your baby fighting to breathe.) So here's the bright side of last week - Jack's illness got him a day home with Daddy, 4 days with the grandparents, and a fish mask. And although I love his extra time with his family, I must say I was super psyched about the fish mask! Jack Cousteau strikes again!




Here is Lizzitante doing neb duty. It's kinda hard to make out but there are fish gills on the side. Sort of like he's swimming with his buddies :) Hooray Jack Cousteau!!!!



There he is again. Proof once again that I need to see the bright side - my child (unlike others that the nurse warned me about) sits there calmly for 10 minutes with this strapped on his face. What 9 month old does that? I'm very lucky.





Here we are at the doctors office being the ultimate trooper. Chewing on foamy letters from Melissa and Anderson while waiting to be seen. I sent this pic to Andy only to get the reply, "By the power of Grayskull, I have the power!" I doubt He-Man had this kind of gut though...



Daddy later stopped by on his way home from work (yes people, we were at the doctor that long) in order to check in on the Jackman. You would have thought Santa had walked through the door when Daddy showed up. And that my friends is a typical Jack/Daddy reaction. Gotta love a boy and his father :)



After that it was home for a bath and bedtime. Not gonna lie - if I could keep him in the tub all day I would. He LOVES bathtime. Perhaps b/c deep down he really is Jack Cousteau - or perhaps b/c his bath time comes with a cool fountain that sprays him. Lets be honest people - if my bath came with a fountain, I'd never leave either. Check out his faux-hawk!




After a while it simply became a punk do. Still precious though :)





Thankfully Mom and Dad were able to drop everything and come up for the week to take care of Jack (once again, the bright side!!!) He proceeded to act like he wasn't sick at all. Here he is practicing his Formula 1 racing skills. I have high hopes for the boy. He can already drive a stick better than his parents.




He kept an eye on things outside...with The Bean's help of course.





He made sure Grandpa earned his naps...Sadly, the beer sitting next to Dad is completely full. A full day of Jack has 4 times the power of 1 Bud Light. One should not operate heavy machinery after watching him.






Here he is being, well, a handful.





This is a little better. We must distract him lately to get a clear shot of his face.




Case in point, I'm dancing a toy on top of my head while singing at the top of my lungs in this one.




I think this one involved Lizzi dancing in the background to get a laugh out of him. He's already got ADD as a 9 month old! But check out how cute he is with his Grandpa!




After a while, Mom decided the best thing for him was a play yard. Well, we don't have one so this laundry basket had to do. He spent 20 minutes in it - happy as a clam. If only the Department of Child Services could see me now.




At least Sister Bean was kind enough to come by and check on our inmate. :)

2 comments:

Dotti said...

Even tho Jack was sick he was an angel and Dad and I loved being able to watch him for you kids-however watch does not fully encompass what is involved in keeping up with an active 9 mo old. I watched him sleep that's it-otherwise we were actively busy entertaining and loving him :) It was a full body workout-my muscles are still recovering-Jack is much better than a gym anyday :)

gloverfamily said...

I am DYING over the picture of him and Bean at the window!! That picture deserves its own post. Adorable. LIke, it could be on a card. I know that Jack was beside himself to have your parents there-you can see how happy he is with them! Such good grandparents to drop everything to hang out with him!