I haven't really taken any great photos or anything this week - it's been a little slow. So instead here's a quick rundown of Jack at 14 months - let's start with likes.
#1 - Dino-trike. After 2 months, he still loves his dino-trike. So much that he got blisters on his toes from using it too much! It ranks #1 on his list of favorite toys, right ahead of the walker on loan from Anderson & Sister Bean. (Sister Bean makes the cut of favorite toys simply b/c he likes to use her as a target when racing full speed on the walker or trike.) Not sure about his face on the above pic - I may have caught him mid-poop.
This is how the cool kids ride.
#2 - The Moosebutter Tribute to John Williams. Not kidding. He hates tv, hates the computer, but will sit still for 4 min and 30 s of this 4 man A Cappella telling of the Star Wars story. He loves these guys. Don't believe me? See video below. I showed him this at 4 months and he really liked it but this just shows that the love is still there. I've showed him numerous other clips on youtube thinking it was just music he liked. Nope. Only this clip and only these guys. He doesn't even sit still for the lip-synced version that's out there. By the way, this is proof that he is his father's son - a Star Wars fan through and through.
See? Mesmerized.
Here's video proof of how much he loves this - it's a little boring (my video, not the song. The song is actually really, really good and very catchy. I've been walking around chanting "Someone move this walking carpet" all day.) But Jack's concentration is impressive. This is probably his 75th view.
In case you thought he'd stopped when the camera was off...
#3 - Lights. And fans for that matter. He's become obsessed with pointing at them constantly and that may have something to do with the fact that he also likes turning them on and off. It's the first thing he does when I get him in the morning - points to the light and waits for me to turn it on.
#4 - Eating. Still gobbling down obscene amounts of food. Such as spaghetti. Right now he loves pasta, those fruit things in pouches, bananas, Kix, Cheerios, puffs, still loves pesto, lactose free whole milk, water, and most of the Gerber meals for toddlers. Still not a fan of real fruit chunks, meat of any kind (I think it's the texture) and fish. Please notice in the bottom left corner, Bean is always there to help. Shameless.
Here we are eating our banana for snack! To see how much he loves banana, please refer to the below picture for what happens when banana is all gone.
So sad :(
#5 - Standing. I say this because as of June 27th at 9:35 am Jack is still not walking. So I can only assume it's because he loves cruising and standing so much that walking is an unnecessary skill to learn. Granted this is putting a damper on summer plans that I had of "running around the pool" and "running around outside." But I'm trying not to let this bother me too much. I like to think he's just a perfect example of "saving the best for last."
By the way, I hope everyone noticed the cuteness of the above scenario. It's a Jack in the Box!!!
#6 - Copying Daddy. Jack wants to be just like his old man when he grows up. So much so that he insisted Andy teach him how to squirt his own mother with the squirt bottle. (What should be running through your head right now is - why on earth is Andy shooting Clare with water? The answer - no idea.) For some true insight into how diabolical my child's laugh can sound, please refer to the video below. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I gave birth to Calvin.
Some last little tidbits about 14 months.
- Still sleeps awesome. Goes to bed around 7:15 and wakes around 6 am. Sometimes he'll wake up in the middle of the night and need a diaper change but it's been a while since he's done that - knock on wood.
- Naps twice a day. Once around 9 for 90 mins and another around 2:30ish for another 90 min.
- Can say Dadda, Momma, Gobble, Ba, and Diggle Diggle. Sadly, these are not always said on cue but it's some of his greatest hits.
- Has recently learned to "play fetch" with Bean. This involves throwing her toys to her and then crawling after them if she's not fast enough to find them.
- Enjoys helping Mommy by unloading the dishwasher, opening the garage door, turning lights on and off, banging on the window to alert me that Bean needs to come in, and giving out lots of kisses. He's good at kisses, hugs, and high fives.
- His hair seems to be getting redder by the minute - which I love! - and his eyes have remained a bright blue. It's the two things people comment on the most in public. That and his belly :)
2 comments:
I certainly hope you leave that water bottle home when you come here for a visit :) He's just too good at it. Bring the Dino trike too so he can chase all three dogs around the house.I absolutely love my Jack in the Box -can't wait for you to be here.
Love his red hair and blue eyes!! Of course everyone comments on them, they are precious. Please let's hang out more because if Anderson ate or slept half that well, I would pay you for making my life easier! Love his dino tribe, too!
Post a Comment