Sunday, July 10, 2011

Jackson 2011!

This past week Jack, Bean, and I went to Jackson for our summer visit home to see Mom and Dad.  And as usual...it was awesome!  Poor Andy was stuck in Knoxville with meetings and such but we made sure to send lots of pictures messages to let him know we missed him.  There were a few hiccups on the way there - sadly, Lizzitante was not available for entertainment and Jack-wrangling in the car.  But we made it thanks to Philadelphia Chickens and Clorox anti-bacterial wipes (don't ask - disastrous truck stop incident.  Nightmares. Ugh.)
 I'd like to say that when we arrived I had a wonderful time playing with my child in my childhood home.  But you see, that's not possible.  Because the second I arrived I relinquished Jack to Grandpa and Gramma who not until 9:30 Friday morning gave me my child back :)  Notice that very few of these pictures include me - that is because Jack forgot about his mother this week and hammed it up for the grandparents (not that I'm complaining - nothing makes your heart melt more than holding your own child and watching him reach out for the very people who raised you.)  Chairs were fairly obsolete this week considering everyone hung out on the floor with Jackman.  For example, Mom had bought Jack some blocks which Dad enjoyed building into a tower.


And Jack enjoyed knocking down with relish :)



We tried rolling around on a giant ball - crashing around the den into various objects, including Bean and McGee.




Because Mom's garden is so gorgeous this year we tried to get some good pictures out there.  This was one attempt.


Jack enjoyed pulling on the crepe myrtles so they rained confetti on everyone.



Here comes the confetti!


McGee - a truly sweet and endearing puppy/child - felt it necessary to check in on Jackman from time to time to make sure he was having fun.  She's so thoughtful.


This past week was also the 4th of July!  We celebrated living in the greatest country in the world by flying our nation's colors and grilling out lots of delectable treats.  Steaks, potato salad, oooh the calories :)


Yay America!



Our littlest patriot :)


Speaking of awesome Americans, I just like how his smile here is almost identical to that of Reagan's.  He has future president written all over him

!
Grandma decided that Jack's energy level was a little lacking so she offered up some of her coffee as a "pick me up."


At one point he began helping himself!


We met up with some of Mom's friends at Panera's & chatted over a cup o' joe.  Not sure what everyone is so interested in here...


 Because Grandpa was buying, we all decided to eat lunch at his favorite locale - Don Pancho's!  Jack ate refried beans and tortilla chips & managed to flirt with the 2 yr old at the next table.  It was a very productive lunch.


He made such an impression on the little hussy at the next table that they spent the rest of the night texting back and forth using Gramma's phone.  It starts so early.


Some other treats while on vacation - honing our cooking skills with fancy cookware.


The magnets on the fridge were a huge hit!


Poor Bean and McGee had difficulty containing their rough housing in Jack's presence.  So baby gates became the norm in our house.  Here's the Fat looking pitiful and neglected.  She had 5 treats prior to this picture..I'd like to point out.


Peek-a-boo with Grandpa!
This lasted for 10 minutes.  My dad is such an awesome Grandpa. :)
We even switched to the other side of the room.
Dad is so good.  He can multi-task with the best of them.  Peek-a-boo champ and grilling machine.




Kisses for Gramma - one of our most favorite ladies.

Raining crepe myrtles again...
While trying to get some nice garden pictures of Jack and Mom, McGee decided to join in the fun. Notice how she left her mark on Mom.


Mom went over to scold her for her rambunctious behavior.


But who could stay mad at this sweet girl :)

As usual, the trip was relaxing, amazing, and sadly too short.  I only wish we could pick up my parents house and move it about 4 hours east.  Thanks Mom and Dad for an awesome week!

Tomorrow- July 10th - we close on our house in Knoxville!  Stay tuned for updates on the crazy moving process!

4 comments:

thebrimerfamily said...

That was such a great visit! Bring that baby back here right now :)
Grandpa misses "pickle-pickle-pickle" :)

thebrimerfamily said...

Don't know what happened-but brimer family is better than anonymous I guess:)

Lizzi Kersey said...

Next time I am never going home without my Clare Bear and Jackman!

gloverfamily said...

Love all the pics outside! I am very impressed with your family's gardening talents. Please don't come look at everything I have killed this summer. Very cute peekaboo pics!