Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Camp BabaGaga


So what was Jack up to while I was running around Istanbul and poor Andy was at work all day?  He went to Camp BabaGaga!  Mom and Dad came to pick him up the Tuesday before I left and kept the Jackman in Jackson for 4 nights for what I see as a vacation in itself ;)  There was lots to do and as I flipped through the pictures Mom sent me over the weekend I began to understand why - everytime we Facetimed - he said "Hi Mommy!" and then ran off to play.  The kid had a blast and I don't really think he was aware that I was gone. At all!

I began to hear that camp song in my head (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzErh_s62Wk&feature=related)  as I looked at the pictures but instead of the kid talking about what a terrible time he was having, it was the exact opposite!  (It helps to have the tune of "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah" in your head as you read this.)



"Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah,
Here I am at, Camp BabaGaga,
Camp is very entertaining,
Baba lets me drive the mower without training."

"There are lots of
trains for playing,"


"It's more fun here,
I'm just saying."



"We have field trips,"

"And adventures"
"And I eat so many sweets I may need dentures."




"Leave me here
oh Muddah, Faddah"


 "I just love Camp BabaGaga"


"Even though they've tricked me into yard work almost every day,"



"Leave me here
oh Muddah Faddah,
Stay in Turkey
one week long-ah,"


"I am resting lots and so is Baba, can't you tell?" :)





 "It's been four nights
without Daddy,
And I think I'm,
Missed quite badly.
It is time to,
take my leave here,"





"Muddah, Faddah, can we do this again next year?"


***Thank you so much to my awesome parents for taking such wonderful care of our sweet little guy.***

2 comments:

Dotti said...

That was so very clever:) however I'm innocent of stuffing him with sweets :) we had a fantastic time and I miss our little boy!! Feel free to leave the country again anytime at all :)

gloverfamily said...

I love the song idea! Too cute. You (and Jack) sure are lucky to have such awesome parents/grandparents. I don't know who loved those days the most!