Monday, November 26, 2012

Lucy's Baby Shower!

 A couple Saturdays ago I attended a most awesome baby shower for Baby Lucy!  It was thrown by Melissa, Elizabeth, and Chelsea - the best co-workers/friends anyone could hope to have.  I am sad to say that I have very few pictures from the event - not even a cute belly picture of Melissa and me - (I can finally announce out loud that she is expecting Lucy's best friend in May!).  Here are some random shots I tried to get before I got swept up in enjoying an afternoon of adult conversation & good food without once thinking about laundry or potty training.  It was sooooo nice :)

  
The food was a pregnant girls dream.  I ate my fill of carbs which was one of the last times I'll get to until Feb 4th :)  More on that later.  It was such a great afternoon b/c not only was it a "work" shower but it also included family and friends from out of town.  My mom came up for the weekend, Kerry drove from Kentucky to come for the occasion, and the Brewer women arrived from Morristown to help us celebrate :)  I was sad that Mimi couldn't come b/c she was recovering from a procedure earlier that week.  But we sent her some pics to let her see all the awesome goodies Lucy got :)


Chocolate...Mmmm.....


 How cute is the diaper cake Melissa and her mom made me?!?!  And Melissa claims she isn't crafty.  Please!

We ate, talked, played fun games...
 Such as this one in which you have to guess how big around I am with ribbon.  Closest person wins the prize.  Laura Brewer managed to guess it dead-on so I took the ribbon home as a nice little reminder of how huge I am at this point!


Yikes.  And I still have 12 more weeks to go :(

 But of course, the sweetest part of any shower is the generosity of your friends and family.  Check out all the loot Lucy scored that Saturday!  I desperately need girl stuff since most of Jack's infant possessions have monsters, trains, spit up or poop on them.  Needless to say, people did not disappoint.


I'm so lucky to have such great friends in my life.  And Lucy is too! :)

1 comment:

Dotti said...

So glad I came up that weekend-the shower was lovely, your friends were so generous and sweet. The food was really good :) Lucy is one lucky little girl :)