Last week my parents were in town for our Fall Break and as usual it was AWESOME. I have to tip my hat to them. I have not been home to Jackson since March (Spring Break) and when I had to call mom to tell her that I couldn't come to Jackson again for Fall Break (I also missed out on Jackson this entire summer as well-I'm a sucky daughter I know) I was worried she might be upset. But she was very understanding - I had to stay here b/c Lucy requires an ultrasound with each visit now and that's not a quick in/out visit. So in order to save a sick day, Mom and Dad agreed to make the trek once again to Knoxville to see Jackman (and us of course.:) And considering I haven't been home since March, Jack has seen Baba and Gaga every month of his life. So a quick shout out to my parents - you are awesome :)
Now to the fun. We started Fall Break with Boo at the Zoo! This year, continuing the tradition of "jack themed" costumes, I give you LumberJack! It was so perfect - Jack really got into his costume. Evidence to follow.
Jack was a little disappointed his ax did not split pumpkins.
Daddy and the LumberJack
We found some pre-cut logs later on in the zoo which allowed him to practice his chopping skills.
"Bring the trees to me! Raaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr!!!!!"
After the tree rage died down, I got a shot with my little woodsman. (This picture is also the reason I have a hair appt on Saturday - I hate gray hair.)
We met up with Anderson, Sissa, Nicole, Lily, and Noni too! How cute are the Little Fireman and Minnie Mouse?! I must say, these kids certainly learn the concept of trick or treating fast. Buckets and bags filled very quickly - and I'm not just talking about the ones in the toddlers' hands. Apparently, adults get candy too. Score!!!
Nothing says family photo like giant spiders, cobwebs, and a fake ax. Boo at the Zoo was so awesome! And my dad held up ok (inside joke :)
Earlier that morning, we had checked in on Little Lucy. She's doing great by the way - weight, length, and all other measurements are even a little ahead of schedule. Which is a relief considering the 2 vessel cord is supposed to cause possible weight gain issues. I also had the tech double check her gender...just in case. A little paranoia I know but would hate for all that adorable pink stuff to get returned!
The rest of Fall Break involved some fun in the train tent (my poor dad)
Some yard work. Jack is a fan of his Play-doh scissors and since I can't trust him with real ones, he had to use these to help prune my mums.
Jack and Baba were also very helpful in assisting with the whole "ripping out my herb garden" task and moving trucks of dirt around.
They are also great with collecting leaves and sliding through them.
Wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!
And of course, one of the biggest events of the weekend - Lizzitante's birthday! Lizard requested funfetti cupcakes and roast chicken w/ mashed potatoes. I delivered and Jack was thrilled. In fact, Jack now enjoys singing "Happy Birthday Widdi" at the drop of a hat and when Lizzitante stops by his immediate response is, "Widdi here? Yay cupcakes!" He quickly loses interest in the cupcakes as soon as he sees her though :)
Baba and Gaga left early Sunday morning :( much to Jack's (and my) disappointment but I keep telling him Thanksgiving and my baby shower are just around the corner so they will be back soon. He's pacified for now. Once again, I'm SO lucky to have the parents I do. Believe me, I know.


















2 comments:
Dad and I are just so grateful you kids live within driving distance-so much better than Florida :) then it could be like all the planning to get out to Oregon for the girls. At least you all live in nice places to visit :)
Love my Jack-kinda jealous Dad gets to see him this week while I have jury duty:( but so look forward to my hugs and kisses for your shower and Turkey Day!!
Love the grandparent visits! Your parents are so awesome that they visit you all so much, because even though you want to go to Jackson, traveling with a toddler sure is never fun!
Love all of the adventures!
Post a Comment