At one point I opted to put the sticker on her back considering I couldn't keep her from rolling over in these pictures. And Jack was of no help mind you. He thought "make your sister smile" meant "throw your cars at her head." Boys...
So what has The Goose been up to? Well, at 5 months:
-still taking 5 bottles at 6 oz each. We are using some of that though to mix with cereal at night.
-The Goose will eat a little bit of rice cereal, some apples, some bananas, and a few bites of carrot. We mostly feed her in the evening when we are all eating dinner but this is kind of risky considering she is sometimes cranky and not willing to cooperate. I am planning on incorporating cereal into her breakfast as well. She still mostly pushes the food out of her mouth which means one of two things. 1. She's not ready for solids. 2. she needs more practice with solids. B/c I'm stubborn I'm going with #2.
-Spitting up like crazy. Still. Doesn't matter how much, how long after eating, how often she eats, she's still a spitter. We are looking into new flooring as we speak.
-Sleep: Thanks to Crying It Out, this girl sleeps like a rock star at night. She gets her last bottle at 7 in her room and then is laid down in the crib for the rest of the night. On a RARE occasion, she will cry for a few minutes or wake up after an hour and fuss a bit. If this does happen, it's usually b/c she needs to burp. If you burp her and lay her back down, she's out like a light. And that light stays out until 6:30ish. Once again, on a RARE occasion, she will wake in the night and cry but I've found a quick diaper change and she's back to sleep. Lucy - in terms of a night sleeper - you are amazing. Your daddy and I can't begin to thank you enough.
-Naps: This is the trade off. B/c she sleeps so amazing at night, she is an AWFUL day sleeper. Therefore my Summer Mission #3 has failed. She cat naps. Once in the morning around 8:30 for about 30-40 minutes in her crib. After that, she will take about 3 more cat naps during the day. Usually in the car. And b/c of this, she is Miss Cranky Pants in the evening. If I'm lucky I can get her to take a cat nap in her crib around the time I need to make dinner. I've tried laying her down in the afternoon and using the CIO method but that only seems to work for nighttime sleep. During the day she is content to scream for 1 hour straight and never fall asleep. Whatever. She sleeps through the night. A lot of sleep during the night. I can't complain. And she's growing so I don't think it's hurting her development. I may mention it at her 6 month appt but I read somewhere about cat napping babies and if that's the Goose then so be it.
-Still talking/babbling/cooing up at storm. Loves to giggle :)
-Loving her jumperoo.
-Loves her daddy. He always gets a smile. Always.
-Loves watching her brother. Her eyes follow him everywhere. Perhaps b/c he's so loud and she's looking to see who startled her out of her reverie. This may explain her inability to nap during the day... Jack has yet to find much of interest about Lucy. I'm hoping that changes soon. I want him to start acknowledging her more as his sweet, loving sister and less as his stationary target for airborne monster trucks and dinosaur attacks. But then again, I'm 33 and still waiting on my brother to do the same... (just kidding John :)
-She's now in size 3 diapers all the time. She's also quickly outgrowing her 6 month clothes. It's not a girth problem so much as a length problem. I may have to do some shopping soon.
-Eyes are still blue! Hair is still fuzz. Cheeks are still kissable & chubby.
-She is getting better on her tummy - still no front to back rolling - but keeps digging her toes into the blankets and carpets in an effort to crawl. I can tell this is going to take a looooong time to master but I feel for her frustration. All this energy and nowhere to go.
-Loves the Bjorn but I'm scared that at 16 lbs she is quickly outgrowing it. i hate this b/c she never fusses in it and never spits up in it. I don't want to lose this but I'm worried my back can't take anymore weight!
-Above all, at 5 months I've decided that in a couple years I'm having a 2nd Born Day. That is a day to honor Lucy and any other 2nd born kiddos we know (Max, you're in there too.) On that day, Lucy will get to do whatever the heck she wants. I will take her on her "perfect day" in order to reward her for being such a trooper. She gets dragged EVERYWHERE and is so good about it. Love her.
Even though she doesn't nap, she's still pretty snuggly :)
Except when she's REALLY tired. At times like this, I remember she's still an infant and sometimes there is no answer for how to fix these moods. Eventually they pass on their own.
But most of the time I get this. We love you Sweet Lucy :)






2 comments:
That last sweet pic of her is too much. I can vouch for her sweetness/amazingness because I get to see her so much! I can't believe she is 5 months old. I feel like you were just calling me to tell me you might be in labor and I was so excited because I was going to pick up Jack. Now, she is here and a person! It is crazy.
Love watching her grow up!
I am sad that I have STILL not met her! But, I am comforted by Melissa knowing her (it's like me) and all of the blog posts!
I especially love the last pic and the Duck, Duck Goose pic in the last post! I love a nickname, and Lucy Goose is perfect!
I am so proud of our second babies for being such troopers, but I am more proud of us for putting up with the needy older ones. Haha
Post a Comment