Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy Father's Day!!!


 Father's Day this year was awesome as usual (even more awesome since it's our first one with Lucy Goose)!  Andy's only request was for it to be low-key (check) and allow him time to watch the US Open (check.) And we even managed to work in a nice lunch at Aubrey's with Mimi, Granddaddy, and Aunt Kate!


Which is fantastic considering I tried to make Andy breakfast that morning and need a couple lessons on how to work the coffee grinder...



I've realized after over 13 years of knowing Andy that he has got everything.  And what do you get for the man who has everything?  The answer:  cheesy homemade gifts!

 I bought these ceramic plaques at Michael's and some craft paints with this amazing vision of putting Jack & Lucy's footprints on a little sign for Andy, Baba, and Granddaddy to enjoy.  This reaffirms my hatred of Pinterest and makes me slightly worried for how poor Lucy is going to fare with a mom who can't make a simple craft.  They turned out...eh.  I realized a toddler and an infant do not make for the best art subjects.  Hence the smudges, I mean, footprints above.  But the dads liked them so I guess they worked :)

Jack, Lucy, and I also went to Michael's to make Andy a duct tape frame for Father's Day.  For $2 Jack & Anderson got a captive audience with a Michael's employee who showed them how to make a frame with stuff that's in our garage.  Worth $2 to me.  Plus Jack was mega-proud of it :)


 Jack also got a nice golf lesson from Daddy when we broke out Jack's new golf clubs that were a birthday present from Mimi.  I love the looks on their faces here.

I think we may have the next Rory McIlroy!  :)


Also a huge Happy Father's Day to my own awesome Dad and best Baba ever.

And....
 Happy First Father's Day to my awesome brother John!!!!   Love you!

2 comments:

gloverfamily said...

Cracking up over the coffee grinder!! That is hilarious/awesome.

Um, I am super impressed with those tiles! Such a cute idea!

Love the family pics, too.

hughesfamily said...

How did I miss 2 blog posts??

First, Lucy giggling= the best ever. Reese clearly does not think we are funny, because I am desperate for a giggle but cannot get one.

Second, the tiles are so cute and creative! The greatest thing about having a daughter who does like to craft is that she hasn't seen the Pinterest item I am trying to create, so she thinks whatever we make is awesome, even it is really terrible. Lucy will be fine. Plus, you will teach her how to cook and garden...two things Lily will NOT know how to do. We can't win them all.

Yay for crying it out being a little successful! I have given up on a nap time schedule, because it is not feasible right now. Maybe in a few months. I am trying to solidify the nap "pattern" instead- Reese still needs a 30 minute morning and evening nap, with 2 longer naps in between. So, I just look for her sleep cues.

We are coming to Knox in July- hopefully we can join in on your summer fun with Anderson and Max!