Jack's dinosaur obsession is continuing to grow. We found these awesome dinosaur decals at Target and decided to decorate his wall with them. He took great joy out of directing my efforts to put them up in some kind of pattern. At the moment he is still deadset on being a "Jack-o-saurus Rex" for Halloween :)
Lucy is starting to become more mobile. For a while there, Andy and I constructed Jack's old standby - the baby fence. She's ok in it for about 10 minutes - then she will lose it. But in that ten minutes I can load the dishwasher, wipe down the counters, start a load of laundry, and fold a current one. It's 10 minutes put to good use! And it's 10 minutes that I can protect her from the strange infant desire to try and kill yourself every 5 seconds (why on Earth did God design infants to have large mouths in a world littered with tiny small choke-able objects?)
We have been working on the brother-sister bonding. Which as of late, is the "Jack plays with Lucy's toys and then snatches his away from her if she so much as even looks at his."
Toy in mouth. It's like an obsession.
Jack was frantically trying to complete the puzzle before Lucy could make it over there.
He has also taken to picking up this poster of trains Mimi got for him and reading it like a newspaper. Except he calls it "nose paper" and emphatically informs me that I can't bother him - he's busy reading :)
On Sunday we went to Calhouns on the River to celebrate Uncle Adam's birthday! Lucy, once again, tried to shove everything in her mouth in an attempt to "taste the world around her."
She even got to try her first biscuit! The reason you can't make out the biscuit on the plate is because I broke it in such microscopic pieces that there'd be no choking hazard on the plate.

Lastly, September has provided for us some pretty cool milestones. Lucy is finally starting to crawl! And not army crawl but good ol' 100% traditional crawling! She's not a fan, as evidenced by the look of annoyance on her face, but a little tickle at the end solves any developmental frustration woes :)









1 comment:
The grading. UGH. It is the worst, always hanging over your head. I am sorry. I will always, always side with the working Mama. It is SO HARD.
I love Jack frantically trying to finish the puzzle. Haha! Mobility is a game changer. But, it is nice in some ways, too!
Can she pick up the biscuit pieces by herself?!!? We are not there, yet.
Post a Comment