The Goose is 8! Months old that is :) The longer we go with these sticker pictures, the blurrier they get...

Thankfully for her she found a tag to chew on. That bought me enough time to snap a pic or two.

Such as this one where she's eating her sticker.
Crawling improves every single hour. I think I am the only mother in the history of the universe who is actually looking forward to this simply b/c I know that mobility=better muscle control. Better muscle control=less spitting up. I will gladly trade scrubbing puke out of the carpet and multiple outfits for chasing an infant across the house. (check back with me in one month and I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune.)

At 8 months we are already reading... It's true what they say - milestones can come all at once!
Her food repertoire expands at 8 months as Lucy had her first pancake on Saturday at the SGA Pancake Breakfast! She loved it by the way. We met up with the Glover clan to enjoy a cheap meal with lots of teenagers looking on wondering, "Holy crap, do their children ever sit down?"
The only shot I got of them semi-stationary. After the breakfast, we went over to Melissa's house and while Max napped in his room (he is seriously a perfect baby), Melissa & I sat downstairs on the floor with Lucy discussing sore necks (how old are we?) while the boys PLAYED UPSTAIRS BY THEMSELVES. I never really pointed that fact aloud while we were over there simply b/c I didn't want to tempt the jinx gods but seriously - if this is what is coming our way then yes - IT DOES GET EASIER.
How fun are they by the way?

We went to see City and Colour. Awesome show and proof to me once again that live music is the best. I just need to work on dragging Andy along with me :)
The next morning I dragged all of Jack's old toys from the attic - hence the pile of Clorox wipes and the screwdriver for the batteries. Since I cannot remember the exact age range for these toys I figured, the sooner the better. Plus I know that she's getting bored with the ones she already has and I love the idea of her starting to pull up on Jack's old table :) Getting older is a catch 22. I'm excited about her reaching new milestones and trying new things but at the same time I am already missing the snuggliness of her first four months :(
She was a huge fan of all the new toys! Especially since they made great chew toys as well.
Jack offered to show her how to work all of his old toys. And this continued for the rest of the afternoon. He kept telling Andy, "wait, I need to go play with Mommy and Lucy." Granted this involved him taking the toys out of Lucy hands and walking them across the room but from the smile on his face here we can assume he had good intentions. :) The 5 minutes this bought me to empty the dishwasher once again showed me - IT GETS EASIER!
Well..it gets easier for me but sadly not for the Bean :) Mobility is not going to be her friend!
Some 8 months stats on the Goose:
Eating: Still on stage 2 foods. Loves EVERYTHING and her teacher commented that the only time Lucy cries is when you can't get the food in her mouth fast enough. Other than jar food she will devour MumMums, Yobaby yogurt, puffs, biscuits, and the occasional cup of prune juice. We are transitioning to regular formula rather than spit up. Gradually this spit up phase is leaving us. Gradually.
Sleeping: Bedtime at 7, wakes up anywhere from 5:45-6:30. Some nights she conks right out (thank you CIO!) and others she will cry for a bit b/c she is overtired. Lately, since her top teeth are coming through, she has been back to coughing nonstop and occasionally waking up crying. But 60% of the time, she sleeps through the night. Perfect kid, of course :)
Napping: (I realize this should be part of "sleeping" but I feel it deserves its own category.) Still a cat napper. At 8 months it is a rare occasion that she sleeps more than an hour at a time. On the weekends, it's pretty pointless since we are constantly going going going...She is a very good baby. She is an incredibly horrible napper. CIO doesn't work with the nap. For some reason, if the sun is up, so is she. And I will admit it's my fault. Whereas my weekends revolved around Jack's nap schedule when he was little, I cannot say the same for Lucy. She gets to sleep whenever the car seat allows. I'm sorry Lucy but them's the breaks when you are the 2nd born. Thank you Lucy for being so perfect that you don't mind too much :)
Milestones: The one thing I'm amazed at the most is her ability to get from laying down to sitting up in a manner of seconds. She can also almost pull herself up to standing. She can say "Dadada" and almost can say "Bababa" so clearly she's learning who two of the most important men are in her life. :)
Here's a little crawling video :)











2 comments:
Love the Goose and your blog-what I dont love is not being able to use the Ipad to comment!!! She is getting so big-can't wait to see her and my Jack!!It seems like FOREVER!!! The second borns are usually the easiest and most adaptable just like you were :) Right? History repeats itself!!
IT GETS EASIER. People who say it doesn't- they are lying, they had very easy/non-tantrumming little kids, or they have amnesia.
The kidnapping/Goose flyer= hilarious.
I love reading about Lucy...because she is adorable (the top picture of her checking out the sticker is precious) but also because I love to have a reference for Reese. She does not nap, either. Maybe two 20 minute naps a day or something. I have given up on any kind of schedule. Whatever. I think it will make them more flexible in life. Right?
Post a Comment