Monday, October 7, 2013

Sick kids and mustaches


Because it is fall and because the plague just will not leave our house - both Lucy and Jack got sick last week.  Lucy has another ear infection so Andy stayed home with her on Tuesday.  Jack got a crazy weird fever on Thursday at school so I had the pleasure of staying home with him on Friday.  Tag team parenting at its finest :)  This was the picture I got from Andy on Tuesday morning after checking in on the Goose.  You can tell she is really under the weather.

And then there's Jack.  Faker extraordinaire.  He came home on Thursday absolutely pitiful, wanting to cuddle on the couch and watch "Spick-a-do me" (Despicable Me).  He quick overcame any and all ailments and was able to ham it up the next day for my department as I'm getting my sub plans together in the morning. It did give us a nice little vacation together and once again I found myself at a loss for what to do with only one child.



By Friday afternoon, all children were back to normal and feeling great.  This is one of the rare pictures I can get of all 3 of my children.  So I decided once Andy got home to put one of my purchases from Target that day to good use.  I felt like with the stress of this past week we needed a little laugh.


 That laugh came in the form of a $1 pack of mustaches.

Lucy really liked hers.  In fact, we originally put it on her with the camera ready to go in case she tried to eat it.

It did not happen.  She spent the rest of the goofy photo shoot like that.

 Jack was the only one we had to bribe to do the mustaches.  Even Andy was willing and raring to go!  Which I found hilarious since the one he chose looked a lot like Groucho Marx :)

 
Best $1 I ever spent.  And because I love a collage...here they are all together :)

Lucy still had hers on 30 minutes later.  It seriously made Andy and me laugh for the rest of the night.

No comments: