I'm a little sad that it's November b/c October this year was a blast! We made sure to keep true to a few traditions that we have established and the first one of the month (other than Boo at the Zoo:) was to go to the pumpkin patch with Mimi!
Each year that Jack gets older, the more fun these outings get. He understands more and enjoys stuff more. I love it. Everything was, "Mimi! Wook at this!" Or "Hey Mimi! Watch me!" So, just like last year, Jack and Mimi fed the goats and sheep.
We met some new little piggies that were just hanging out (and apparently for sale.) At first I was slightly tempted to ask 'how much' but the site of the ginormous mother pig quickly squashed that desire.
We all took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch to pick out our future jack-o-lanterns!
Jack has good taste.
Lucy and her pumpkin. It's kinda crazy to think that when we do all this next year she will be able to walk around the pumpkin patch and pick out her own :(
You can't visit this place without doing the slide AT LEAST 12 times. And I'm just talking about the adults...
I love this picture. No matter how much they may fight like cats and dogs in the future, I know that deep down, Jack will always be looking out for her - with that protective arm around her to boot.
We also carried on another tradition of decorating Halloween goodies with the Glovers! Last year I made some fairly heinous cookies but this year it was orange cupcakes for the boys to decorate. And they were fairly edible! Yay me :)
Max and Lucy were perfect 2nd borns and entertained each other the entire time. Of course.
The following Sunday we carved pumpkins with Widdi and Rachel! As usual for the last 3 years, Widdi was our designer and got it in her head to do a Minion pumpkin for Jack. It was awesome.
There are few sights in the world I love more than Jack-o-lanterns a-glow.
Then on Thursday.... HALLOWEEN!!!! Here you have a Jack-o-saurus Rex, an Anger Widdi, and a Lucybug! (Lizard has trick-or-treated with us for the last 3 years and this is by far my favorite October tradition simply b/c who else buys an Anger Bird costume online weeks in advance simply b/c she knows her little nephew loves the black bomb Anger Bird?)
I love my family :)
And because it takes a village, Rachel was nice enough to stay back with the Fat to hand out candy. Apparently most kids who came to the door would ask Rachel, "What happened to your dog??" My favorite kid reaction however was, "Look she's a pirate!" So true :) Of course, it would have taken too long to explain that she is Mad Eye Moody after he lost his magic eyeball but was still maintaining constant vigilance over the trick-or-treating operation....
Lucy did awesome on her first round of trick-or-treating. She made it down two streets before spitting up on her costume and wanting to go home to bed. Atta girl Goose :)
A Goose and her daddy.
Jack's Anger Bird companion made sure he got the best loot.
But Jack's favorite part of the night was handing out candy to all the kids. He loved guessing what everyone's costume was (my favorite, absolute FAVORITE costume, was a little toddler wearing a potato sack, elf ears, and one sock. Because he was Dobby - a free elf! That kid got extra candy :) October is now gone and we managed to cram in 4 traditions into this short little month. It can only get better from here.




















1 comment:
There were so many things I was mentally noting to comment on...but, all I can remember now is:
DOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!! That. is. awesome.
Love the jack-o-lanterns! And all of the festiveness!
Post a Comment