There was some Easter egg dyeing. I actually bought the kit LAST Easter but having a toddler and a 4 month old made egg dyeing a bit ludicrous (for myself only) so we skipped it and did it this year instead! I had a hard time figured out why they turned earth tones but then my mother pointed out we used brown eggs. Oh well. They look very Pier 1-y in my opinion.
And the saddest part was that I hate hard-boiled eggs with a passion so the only way anyone was going to enjoy these was to cart them off to Rachel and Widdi's! Not that we minded at all. We love an impromptu visit.
Especially when it comes with a fun romp in the hammock at their house!
Sibling love :) Which is precious and everyone appreciates.
Except when we take a trip to Lowes and the other customers are wondering why I'm taking a picture of my son choking my daughter. Lucy's face says it all.
That afternoon we went to Melissa's mom's house and had an egg hunt! (which thank god for Melissa b/c this was the only one they went on this year.) Lucy Goose had fun taking all the eggs b/c Mr. Max took advantage of the quiet before we arrived and was napping.
I love this. Goose's first egg hunt and Jackman's fun time with his bestie.
The rest of the weekend was devoted to constructing Jack's ultimate birthday present! I was in charge of watching the kiddos (check out Goose on the bike!) while Andy assumed the role of Super Dad (which he is always assuming - he was just doing it for the public to see in this case) and built Jack his very own sandbox!
For the last 2 years Andy has begged me to let him build Jack a sandbox. And I've said no. For two basic reasons: cats will poop in it and I don't want sand all over my house. This year, I lost the argument. And I'm so glad that I did b/c Jack LOVES it. I have finally realized - with Lucy eating at the table like a big girl - that my house will never be clean again so what will 50 lbs of sand in my carpet hurt it. Also, if I scour the internet enough I can find an intricate design that comes with a lid and benches. And Andy will make it! He let Jack pick out the color (hence the red and the trip we made to Lowes earlier) and spent Saturday and a good portion of Sunday putting it together. Jack got to help paint :)
Best Daddy Award goes to..... ANDY BRIMER! Seriously, why didn't I do this sooner? Jack played by himself, outside, for AN HOUR.
He is in heaven. Best birthday present ever.
We went to 8:15 mass which was perfect. Jack behaved perfectly, Goose wandered around the narthex the entire time, and parking wasn't horrible. Also, the service was beautiful and made me, once again, so glad to be a member at All Saints. So much so that i signed Jack up for Vacation Bibile School that afternoon!
Easter family selfie!
Widdi joined us for church and a little brunch at First Watch. Once again, all kids were perfect. Which isn't surprising when they are served chocolate chip pancakes.
Jackman in his Easter duds looking like a stud :) Goose was thankfully taking a nap - her first in 3 days.






.jpg)









1 comment:
um, that hammock is amazing!!
LOVE the family selfie- a framer for sure!
Thanks for coming to hunt eggs with us! So much fun.
I was about to say something about Lucy's first Easter, but then I remembered she is over 1....:( But, this is like her first real Easter with eggs and a basket and adorable family pics!
love y'all!
Post a Comment