Friday, April 18, 2014

My Goofy Goose

Dear Goose.
I have been clearing out pictures on my phone and feel it necessary to document these next few pictures b/c as usual, they speak to the unique personality that you are displaying as a 1 year old.  For example, even though you are surrounded by age appropriate, developmental toys, you insist on walking around the house wielding your brother's sword.  And anything else pointy that could break or cause you harm (don't get me started on the remotes.)



Speaking of your brother's stuff, you are obsessed with anything and everything he touches, much to his chagrin.  But thankfully, you are pretty content and happy go lucky once you get your hands on it.  (and yes, you are wearing 4 bibs in this picture.  Your choice.)



Did I ever mention that this was the age you developed a temper?  No?  Well, it was. :)  Luckily a quick snuggle from mommy makes everything better.  Unless of course I'm the one who took the pointy object, electrical tool, or poisonous substance out of your reach.  Then I am a mere conspirator in the quest to ruin your life.  Oh well.  I think in this picture I removed a random pebble you found on the floor from your mouth and this is the reaction I got.  (Perhaps you were really crying over the fact that my housekeeping is so awful you can find rocks on our floor to put in your mouth!)

 You are really perfecting the art of walking but that's not without mishaps.  You fell at school the other day and got a scrape on your forehead.  The bandaid has been a real conversational piece, especially when it has a stylish picture of Lightning McQueen on it :)  (please ignore the creepy floating eye in this picture.  I need to work on taking selfies I suppose.)


Every time I turn around it's the hat.  I'm wondering if you are trying to tell us how much you want to play baseball some day.


Another day of swim practice, a new bandaid on the forehead.  You and I do our best to pass the time at the Y twice a week Lucy Goose.  And one of my favorite things about you is your goofy personality.  You really try your hardest to make people laugh.  And doggone it you're good at it too :)


But what I love the most is your obsession with your brother.  You do your best to be just like him and while he may not reciprocate the same amount of affection and love that you do (he is after all a boy and a preschooler) I have hope that one day you will be able to hang out with him and play with him and be his best friend.  Until high school hits.  Then you and I both will have to disappear for the next 4 years for his sake.
Pictures like this make me so happy b/c it gives me a glimpse of how much fun you guys will have as siblings.  Lucy, you are the sweetest little Goose, you have a unique ability of making everyone around you smile and sign and just be happy.  I love looking through pictures of you on my phone lately b/c they remind me of what a little person you are becoming.  My Goofy Little Goose :)

1 comment:

gloverfamily said...

The one of her crying is my favorite...sorry, goose!!

Followed closely by the one of the 2 of them sitting in chairs! Love.

She is the most adorable little girl