She may be a daredevil but she is also a badass. True story. She walked off of Melissa's porch, landed on the concrete with her forehead, scrapped half her forehead off, and cried for MAYBE 30 seconds. Then she was good. Meanwhile Melissa and I are panicking about concussions and pain and poor Lucy's well being. To top it off, immediately after she stops crying, Anderson, Jack, and Max all have meltdowns that continue for 20 minutes until we leave. Meanwhile, the Goose is playing it cool. You know why? BECAUSE SHE'S THE GIRL! Why must women always hold the world together? Civilization needs us in more ways than one.
Because her godmother felt bad about the fall (which is silly b/c she was halfway across the yard when it happened and I was 3 feet from Lucy) she brought Lucy a Minnie Mouse pillow. Lucy now sleeps with it. The fact that she can say "Minnie Mouse" makes it better :)
The next week we immersed ourselves in the most awesome religion ever - Catholicism (duh) - by doing Vacation Bible School! This was the first year Jack has qualified for it so of course we brought the Glovers along to make it even more awesome.
Seeing him sitting there ready to learn is the cutest ever. He spent the rest of the week singing songs about Jesus (none of which he learned from me) and bringing home crafts about weird animals.
Jack in the end of the day sing along. I love how awesome he is :)
VBS lasted from 9-12 so after I picked him up we'd do a nice afternoon park visit or slip n slide fun in the backyard. Before Andy came home though I would need to get dinner going. So at one point i turned on the tv and let them watch together. This lasted about 45 seconds but seeing these two heads together for 45 seconds did make my heart melt a bit.
On Tuesday I got some adult time to hang with friends and met up with Melissa and Chelsea for Painting with a Twist! It was so fun and our paintings actually look somewhat believable!
This is random but Lucy tried helping me out with dinner by picking out recipes (aka shredding my Julia Child cookbook.)
Jack has almost mastered this whole "dressing himself" thing.
Wrap up day at VBS. Hands down, my favorite part of the day came when I got to see the end of day performance that they did each day where kids would sing songs and talk about how Jesus loved them. Jack would come in with his little class and I could see him searching the crowd for me each day. Once he spotted me, I got a huge smile, a frantic wave, and then a big show of "check out how well I know this song and how well I can do the sign language!" He really is an awesome kid.
We rounded out the week after VBS ended with a trip to Dollywood! This was Widdi's last time to go this summer since she's leaving for Greece - again! - and it was Rachel's first time EVER. When we arrived I immediately sent them on the river raft ride with Jack while Lucy and I had a snack and waited for them.
I seriously think if Dollywood made Cheetos a ride she'd be all over it.
I got so many cute ones of them.
But the one where Rachel is rejoicing and Lizzi's is giving a "what the heck, you didn't get drenched?" look is my favorite. All the while the little red head sits there enjoying everything.
Widdi and Lucy enjoying another snack while Jack & Rachel ride the roller coaster.
Wheeee!!!
They were adorable on the bees.
We spent 4 1/2 hours there and the small playground near the Barnstormer ride was their favorite. Go figure!
Jack helping his sister up the slide :) Sometimes they really like each other. Busy week here but an even busier one was ahead in Jackson!












.jpg)








No comments:
Post a Comment