For the record, I may have to throw this dress away. I was told by two different people in two different stores that I looked like I was ready to give birth any minute...and I'm only halfway there. I just love "public."
Well we are at 20 weeks - the halfway point with Baby 3!!! I feel bad b/c I haven't done much in the way of documenting with this little one but to be honest, that is because this has been the least stressful pregnancy of all three. Jack was nerve-wracking b/c it was my first and I worried about every little thing (and gestational diabetes sucks - just for the record.) Lucy had that damn subchorionic hemorrhage early on and then the two vessel cord thing which gave me stress. But this kid - nothing. I did have a little early bleeding in the first bit but I'm so used to it with my other two that it didn't scare me at all. And then...nothing. Smooth sailing. This kid is awesome. People keep asking me how I'm feeling and I feel like I'm letting them down by saying, "Great!" I don't have any stories to regale people with about morning sickness, aches and pains, etc. I'm just tired but to be honest - I think that is more from Jack and Lucy than Baby 3. The only downside to an easy pregnancy is the warning I get from Public, "You know what they say - easy pregnancy, difficult baby." Because that's what I want to hear...
Here's our little caboose! Isn't Baby 3 just so perfect?! We had our 20 week ultrasound today and the tech was SO good about making sure she didn't give away anything about gender. Andy has been very accommodating with this not knowing scenario but I was having my doubts whether or not I would be able to resist the temptation. I mean, she said she was going to have to look and mark it down for her records but she would warn us when to look away (not that I think I could have made anything out anyway.) And when she handed me the chart to give to the nurse, under the gender heading all it said was, "Gender: Seen." It's like they know I would peek and wanted to make sure we stayed strong :) But the cool thing is that not even my doctor knows. So it will be a surprise for everyone in the delivery room. I'm so pumped! Everything checked out great - 3 vessel cord - woohoo! And Baby measured perfectly. He/she was VERY active and it took a while to get any pictures. My kind of kid :) I have to go back after I return for Europe from another ultrasound because I have a "marginal placenta previa" which basically means that the placenta is resting right next to the cervix. Dr. Myers was cool though and said 99.9% of the time it will move away as the uterus grows. So nothing to sweat.
I can't believe we are halfway there. It's so unreal. This kid has made pregnancy a breeze - I'm hopeful Baby 3 will do the same for the rest of the process. Of course Baby3 will, this kid is perfect. :)


2 comments:
The suspense is killing me !!!!! :):) can't wait to hold this newest beautiful grandchild!!!
This is SO exciting!!!!! I cannot wait! This pregnancy is flying by, it seems like....which is a good thing so that we can meet him/her!
I am so, so excited!
Post a Comment