Because we are at 31 weeks, I got to do my glucose screening. I completed the 3 hour one this past week on Wednesday and am waiting for the results. I'm hoping that the results are negative since it's already the weekend and I haven't heard anything. But I'm also very much aware that I am thirster this time around, crave sugar, and this kiddo is supposedly measuring big. So I'm leaning on the diabetes side here when it comes to predictions. All in all, if it does come down to GD, I only have about 9 weeks left and that's a snap. And anything to keep this kid from being huge :) Jack and I had GD and thanks to eating right and checking blood sugar, he was only 7 lbs 4 oz. Fingers crossed that happens again!
In terms of other pregnancy quirks, this kid is still crazy active. There is always an elbow sticking out of the side of my belly or a rear end bumping up against my ribs. Hiccups happen like clockwork every night after dinner (not mine but Baby 3s.) And the panting has become intense. I'm winded after 12 stairs. But all in all, this kid is still awesome. And I'm starting to get a little sad. I only have about two months left. And when it's over I'll never have that feeling of a baby doing flip flops in my stomach again. It's such a cool, surreal feeling so I'm doing my best not to rush it and wish it away. I want to meet this little one so badly but at the same time want to savor this last time of every being pregnant again. It's a strange sort of crossroad to be at. Wanting something to end but not wanting it to end. Either way, this kid has made pregnancy, the last pregnancy, pretty great. Now if only summer would cooperate and give me a break with these temperatures. Then this would really be perfect. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment