I love love love Christmas season. Mostly because of the festive nature and observance of holy days BUT also because there are man activities to participate in as a result of this season. I'm all about a chance to get out of the house. Doing so with 3 kids is more of a challenge these days but I've managed to swindle people into joining me when possibly #thankfulforthevillage
our first major activity - Breakfast with Santa! Lizzi texted me and said that Karns was hosting a fun event on Saturday morning that had activities and free food. I told her, "We're in!" i attempted to get them all in their holiday garb but Lucy refused and would only wear Elsa. But technically Frozen is winter-themed so I let it slide.
***and yes, there is Charlie being perfect. As usual.
They had face-painting and Jack opted for a reindeer. I love this kid and his willingness to do anything.
Charlie did wake up but was just a perfect, awake version of himself.
Free pancakes and sausage! This really was a cool event. The kids made ornaments, reindeer food, and ate lots of candy canes. They also had the choir and orchestra playing/singing christmas carols and all of this was FREE. Hats off to Lizzi's friend Cory for organizing everything.
Widdi and Charlie looking chill at the event.
Our first ever Santa pic with all three kids!!!! I almost feel like I should receive a medal for this because no one is screaming and all three are present. It was iffy at first b/c Lucy attempted to climb me like King Kong and the Empire State Building when she first saw Santa but thankfully she calmed and realized that he wasn't some mean ass elf sent to terrorize her.
The next day we went to Dollywood! our last time for the season to see the lights and ride some rides. Rachel and Mimi joined us for support and help - which we are majorly grateful for. Navigating Dollywood with 3 kids is...daunting. In case you were wondering, Charlie was amazing. As usual. (one day when he is 3, he will be making me pull my hair out in frustration so I feel it necessary to emphasize just how awesome this kid is now - so that I don't forget it later when things get hard again. Plus he's super cute :)
Also, I am no longer pregnant - I got to ride real rollercoasters!!! Andy was very accommodating and entertained all three while Rachel and I did the Tennessee Tornado (amazing) and then I sprinted over to do the Wild Eagle (equally amazing and only a 10 min wait.) Then we hung out in the County Fair Kids Area where Lucy rode her first roller coaster ("That was crazy!" was her take on it.) You can see her in the green car above with Mimi and Jack and Andy behind them. Sadly this is the only picture I got the entire time. Argh. So long Dollywood! We will see you next season!
That day was also awesome because these precious girls turned 3!!!! I can't believe what little people they are. I love FaceTiming them and hearing their little voices over the phone. Nothing makes my heart smile more than hearing them say, "Love you Aunt Clare! Miss you!" Parker and Teagan are my main reason for why someone needs to figure out Apparation.
Last Sunday Jack also had his last Sunday school class of the year until January. When I went to pick up his ornament craft after church, they had all the kids craft laid out. Check out the three names in a row there. What are the odds!?
Sorry, need a break in the post to give everyone a picture of this guy. I. Love. Him.
And will miss these snuggle times when he gets older. Yes I took this at 4:30 am and probably should have reswaddled him and put him back in his crib after his bottle. But this was way better. Trust me.
This picture is upside down but here's Charlie's only real attempt at rolling over so far. He made it to his side then got so tired he fell asleep. Milestones are exhausting.
Back to the holiday prep. I bought these pjs at Target for the kids b/c I realized we needed Christmas pajamas. I love 3 things about this. 1. They didn't have any non-fleece non-footie pjs for girls so I made Lucy wear Boy elf pajamas. 2. When I passed them out, Jack didn't bat an eyelash and said, 'oh thank you mommy! these are great!" whereas I had to bribe Lucy into putting them on b/c she only wanted her penguin pjs. I just love Jack's accommodating nature and Lucy feistiness. 3. They are the cutest damn elves I've ever seen. I only wish they had an infant version for Charlieman.
Lastly, I volunteered to help out at Jackman's Christmas party. It was so fun and I'm so glad I went. Seeing him in his classroom setting with his friends is always such a fun little window into his world. I mean, from Monday-Friday he spends more waking hours with these people than he does with us so this is just as much a part of his reality than his home life is. I was a little stressed b/c I volunteered to make strawberry, green grape, and marshmallow kabobs (the sign up genius was very specific). i could only find these wooden bbq skewers which worked well but they were super sharp and I wasn't able to snip or dull them properly before bringing them in. I noticed several nervous mothers hovering around during the snack portion of the party in fear that someone would lose an eye. To be fair, that was a justifiable fear.
It was also a pajama day. Jack was sure to demonstrate his impromptu pajama dance at one point.
The party consisted of a snack, reindeer food, ornament making, 6 games, a dance party, and a gift exchange. I was exhausted when it was over and honestly don't know how elementary school teachers manage this every day. They are the real heroes of the education system. Along with middle school teachers. And special ed teachers. And lunch ladies. hell, if you work in education you deserve a raise and a medal.
Jack's first real school class Christmas party! Love Jack's face here. :)
And how was this guy at the party? Awesome. I wore him the whole time which posed a little challenge with the whole helping portion of the party but he never fussed or caused problems. Oh Charlie, how your siblings will one day sicken of me bragging on you... :)



















1 comment:
I love the picture of them with Santa! That is too cute.
Also, of course Charlie was perfect at the party-he is perfect, in general!
Love all of the festivities!
Post a Comment