Someone else who loves him is Pretzel. This guy is everywhere. I can't get up to grab a burp cloth without Pretzel being right there. Anytime Charlie cries, Pretzel is there to lick his ear or get in his face. Andy and I are currently struggling with trying to find a voice for Pretzel. (please don't judge me for what I'm about to say next.) Dogs have voices. Bean had a voice, Hektor has a voice, there are times when Andy and I need to communicate with each other through our dog. We give them an "accent" so that we can say things from the puppy's perspective. You know what - I'm gonna stop typing. Because no matter how I explain it, it still would sound weird to an outsider. Basically, this is proof that Pretzel is becoming more and more a part of our family :)
He has started giggling. How am I going to handle my days when I don't get to snuggle him on the couch anymore?
Other fans of Charlie? Lucy. Still. She is getting slightly better at the smothering.
But not much. Please don't let the fire throw you off by thinking it is winter. Apparently Christmas will come with 75 degree weather this year.
Another smiley boy photo shoot. Complete with a Pretzel bomb.
We finally had our 2 month appointment and he did great! I really like our new doctor, Dr. Jones. He was very patient and thorough. Took time answering the 3 questions I had. It was no surprise that he rocked out the length and head size (I joked with Andy that if we ever lost Jack or Charlie we don't need a DNA test to make sure he's our child - the head size is proof enough that he's a Brimer.)
I forgot though that Charlie had to get shots that day. 3 shots to be exact. And he was a champ. As much as I hate to hear him cry, I once again snuggled him close and whispered, "You're welcome." I know it sucks to have them cry but this is necessary and definitely another affirmation that this is the best decade to live in. This precious boy won't have to worry about stuff like measles or Rotavirus thanks to modern medicine.
And unlike my other two children, he did not develop the fussiness or fever from this round of shots that the others got. Whew!
This was Charlie later that day. I just want to eat him up!
And yes, I am spoiling him. He likes to nap on my chest. And you know what? I LET HIM! Maybe this is where the third baby gets spoiled the most. I know that he will be fine. I know that he will not be ruined for daycare because I held him too much. I get three more weeks with him and I'm going to soak up every single second.
Two Month Stats:
Eating:
Nursing is done. I quit about three weeks ago mostly because I wasn't producing enough and he wasn't interested in the small amount I could give him. It hit home for me that this wasn't going to last when I decided to nurse him for 2 days straight instead of pumping, and then pumped on the third day. I got less than an ounce. Apparently the sole nursing excursion slowed my production to the point of non-existence. So there. It's done. He is now only on formula. And he's thriving pretty well. I'm a little sad that this part of my life is over. But not that sad. Sort of like when you have full intentions of cleaning out your closet each season but realize it's not the end of the world if your collection of Old Navy v-neck tees sticks around a bit longer. I had full intentions of doing this for months longer but have to accept that I'm not a woman who can sustain a child that way. I was meant to feed children in the modern era. If we were on the frontier in 1860, then my kids would be in trouble. But that is not the case so who the hell cares. He will take 3-4 oz every 2-3 hours he's awake. And that is awesome :) And so far, no massive spitting up! He's had a couple big throw ups (one was at church and it went into my shoes - ew.) But he has so far avoiding the spit up gene that Jack and Lucy had.
Sleeping:
This kid is fantastic. In the last week, I noticed that he was outgrowing his woombies. To the point where he was uncomfortable. So I moved him up to the next stage woombie. But then he began to wake up every three hours like he was doing as a newborn. I couldn't figure out why. So on a whim, after 5 nights of this in a row, I put him into an old school velcro swaddle to see if that did anything. And so help me God, he slept from 8-6 on that first night. and has been repeating this behavior for the past week and a half. It's nuts. I think this is because he's in between woombies - the large size gives him too much arm room and he wakes himself up. So the old school swaddle is doing the trick for now. Sometimes he wakes at 4am, sometimes at 5, sometimes at 6. Bottomline, he's sleeping for huge stretches and we couldn't be happier. I think he knows I'm going back to work soon and is taking care of business before this happens so we are all happier. The only issue is when he wakes after 4 but before 6. If he does, we have to snuggle in the bed together with him on my chest until my alarm goes off and I can hand him to Andy before I get cleaned up. I'm not complaining whatsoever. I don't mind a 4:30 am wake up call if it means I get to snuggle this guy in the morning before I have to get ready for work in January.











2 comments:
"Who the hell cares" is basically my life motto and you are so right!!!
He is so stinking cute!! I am so happy I got to see him for a few minutes the other day because I need more frequent blog posts or something.
Also, yes to dog voices. We always pretend like Chloe is calling her friends about us. It also sounds weird when typed. Point is, I hear you.
Love the updates!
Yep. "Who the hell cares." Motto for moms everywhere about everything. Perfect.
He is adorable, and I am so glad you post about him so I feel like I know him! Loooove Lucy loving all over him. I also love that your middle child gets to be the only girl. That's fun and makes her extra special.
Pretzel. I'm cracking up but also nodding in agreement about the voice.
Charlie is giving me baby fever. I have a baby. How is this possible?!? He is precious and snuggly!
Post a Comment