Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Mr. 3 Months


About a week ago we hit the 3 month mark!  I can't believe it's been three months already - time has literally flown by and I can't even begin to describe how much we love this little guy and how perfectly he completes our family.  He has had many milestones in the past three months - first smile, first laugh, first big road trip, first time he peed when his diaper was off and hit the wall next to the changing table (for some reason there is no entry spot for that in the baby books.  Weird...)  And of course, the biggest first - First Day of School!  Charlie started at Kiddie Kottage on Monday and in typical Charlie style has been rocking it out.



My kids can be a little iffy in the mornings.  Some days they wake up and are in a great mood, other days you would assume the world was coming to an end and we had front row seats.  So on Monday (because it was my first day back and Charlie's first school day) I did my best to focus all their attention on Charlie starting school and how important this was and how they needed to make sure he wasn't scared or nervous and to make him excited.  They came through and then some.  It was super cute and evidence that even at this age there is sibling solidarity.  They ran into Charlie's room, turned on all the lights, and cheered very loudly about the first day of school!  As you can tell he looks a tad taken aback but I loved how much they really wanted to make Charlie feel ok about school.  And we avoided any and all meltdowns that morning.  So that's a bonus :)


Was it hard?  Yes.  Did I cry as I was pulling into the parking lot and again as I was leaving?  Absolutely.  But this kid rocked it out.  His teachers tell me that he is smiley, easy-going, doesn't ever really cry, loves snuggling, you know - he's Charlie.  Which is quickly becoming synonymous with "perfect."  And in case I spent the day stressing about him, Jack made sure that I had lots of distractions.  Which I'm sure is why he ran into the gym wall during a game at KidTime and broke his glasses.  That was a fun phone call.  But it did take my mind off Charlie so...thanks Jack!

 We got home that afternoon and he was wiped.  Being adorable can be exhausting.


 In the mornings, Charlie wakes up anywhere between 5 and 6.  I will bring him into bed to snuggle with Andy while I get a shower.  It's the most precious thing ever :)

 I brought him home on day two, laid him on his mat, walked out of the room for 15 seconds, and came back to this.  Two days in school and he's already mastered rolling over! ;)  Such a quick study.  The only downside of rolling though is that he can't be swaddled anymore.  Sooo...we decided to try this Magic Merlin suit that Rebecca had given me.  It's like a giant Michelin man suit that is heavier so they don't roll in it and it suppresses that startle reflex of theirs.


I cannot stop giggling at him.  It is the funniest thing ever but a definite godsend.  On his first night in it he slept from 8-6:30.  Magic Merlin Suit - I bow down to thee.

More Charlie 3 month info:

Sleeping:  Bedtime at 8.  Can sleep anywhere from 4-6.  Sometimes he will have a random night of 1:30 wake up calls but after a bottle goes right back to bed.  once he wakes up he needs to eat but if it's before 6 he will let me snuggle him in bed and go back to sleep.  Naps?  I have no clue.  At this point he has no nap schedule and bless his heart probably never will.  I know he sleeps at certain times during the day but the length and predictability are a guessing game.  I remember with Jack I wouldn't dare leave the house if it interfered with his nap.  The perks of being the first born.

Eating:  drink anywhere from 5-7 bottles a day.  just depends on when he wakes.  We've recently upped him to 5 oz per bottle.  His spitting up has increased slightly - but still nothing even close to the constant puking we had with both Jack and Lucy.  That could all still change but for now I'm appreciating the lack of extra laundry that would involve.

Personality:  Such a content baby.  Loves to smile, will laugh with the right tricks, is totally happy to lay on his mat and play with his toys or sit in his chair and watch the world go by.  Still loves being snuggled (I hope that never changes).  He definitely has his moments of crankiness and screaming.  But I can console him which is a relief.  Words I would use to describe Charlie so far:  laidback, content, sweet, pretty darn perfect.

Nicknames:  Charlieman, Charlie Brown, Charlie Bucket, Mr. Mister, Charlie Barley, Buster Brown,  Snuggle Buggle, the list goes on and on.  We just love this little guy :)

No comments: