Monday, May 30, 2016

May

 Here are some moments that don't fall into any particular theme but are too cute to not document.  For example, all my children sitting in one place and smiling.  Cute.

 This kid learning to crawl.  Cute again.

 Another one of him.  Because good lord he's so damn cute. (fun fact:  Jack rolled for the first 9 months of his life.  Lucy learned to crawl around 7 months.  Charlie doesn't crawl.  He drags his lower body along the carpet until he gets what he wants.  We call it the Lt. Dan.)

 Mid-May means graduation and Rachel & I got to be part of the celebration.  This year I got to usher during the event and it was pretty fun :)  I got to tell people to stand up and sit down.  Oh the power... :)

 May also meant the end to baseball.  I did not get a ton of pictures of Jack wrapping up his last game but for some reason his season ended about 2 weeks before Lucy's.  Lucy had two Saturday games left and she did a great.  I will actually miss this little pink helmet goofing off in the dugout.

 She also stayed true to form and spent most of her games in the dirt.  Her poor coach was SO patient with her and even though Andy and I kept calling to her to stand up and get out of the dirt - she had better things to do.  Like fill her glove with dirt.  Then fill her hat with dirt.  Then her teammates hat...

 Her very last at bat of the season.  She definitely started picking that up quite a bit.  By the end of the season, she nailed it each time up to bat.  We were so excited for her and loved watching her skip to each base with such purpose.

 Team photo :)

Her very first trophy!  She was so excited and couldn't wait to put it on the shelf with her brothers' baseball trophies.  We love you Lucy Goose and are so proud of you!

And once baseball season ended, germ season began!  Charlie has been fighting a double ear infection for two months now but at one point his congestion got so bad he developed reactive airway disease and became the 3rd Brimer kid to need a nebulizer.  I mean, who doesn't love a machine that's lasted 6 years and shown us such consistency?  I'm happy to report that he is totally fine now and doing great :)  Because it's Charlie after all.

 For Jack's birthday, Melissa got him a "Butterfly Garden."  It was really cool!  I wish I had documented the entire process but sadly I failed.  I did get pictures of the release day and it was so awesome.  The kids got the biggest kick out of watching the caterpillars transform each day and the butterflies landed on all the kids when they were released.  The fact that one even landed on Charlie was the cutest :)


Now as summer approaches, we prepare for some pretty big things.  Weddings, beach trips, and lots of pool, park, and festival fun.  And seeing as this will be Charlie's first ever summer, we intend to live it up!

No comments: