Friday, June 3, 2016

Memorial Day

Memorial Day weekend was super busy for several reasons. 1) I was prepping for the arrival of the cousins and for Lizzi and Rachel's wedding. 2) it was a long three day weekend that posed many an exciting challenge (i.e. trapped in the house with children) 3) we got tons of hangout time with the Glovers given that it was Max's bday party AND we met them for a Memorial Day festival the following day & 4) we got the much anticipated phone call that Aunt Kate's water had broken and Jack, Lucy, and Charlie were getting a new cousin any time soon!

First - Max's Birthday. Melissa planned a perfect party. Low-key pool side shindig and with a surprise (planned) visit from the Fire Dept!  Nothing will ever compare to Max's pure adoration at seeing a fire truck pull up at his party.

Jack loved getting to run through the fire hose so everyone wins on this :)

 Two things I love about this picture - Charlie's foot popping out from the stroller and Pops making Lucy a purple and pink unicorn because she asked for one :)

I do love a pool party.  There are times when I think - I wish we had a pool.  It would be glorious but expensive.  Kind of like children...

The next day was Memorial Day so we headed out to Fountain City where they were having a huge festival in the park! I LOVE this picture of my little patriots.  And if you are wondering what is on their face, I had to pull out my face painting kit to make them look even more the part :)

We do love a bounce house.

And a bug tent.

And an awesome playground where the oldest children entertain themselves :)  We happened to hear about this festival from the festival sage herself, Melissa Glover.  So we hung out with some of our favorite peeps while there.

And her sister Nicole was even there with her brood!  I love how parenting becomes easier when there are friends there to do it with you.  Sort of like a support group...

Later on that day we FINALLY got word that this little nugget had arrived -


Florence Jane (I stole this off of Kate's Instagram...obviously.)  Such sweetness.  And since she was born on Memorial Day she is expected to wear quite a bit of red, white, and blue ;)  

1 comment:

gloverfamily said...

That pic of the 3 of them in their festive gear is my favorite!

So glad we got so much hang out time with the brimers! Looking forward to even more of it!

Florence is lucky to have such an awesome older cousin to show her the way. And, I think Lucy will take full owndership of that teaching position!