Monday, August 22, 2016

Camp BabaGaga again!


 "We begin our quest on the far seas.  Our brave and resilient crew searches for life among the waves of the churning sea until suddenly, out of nowhere, a rabid yellow shark attacks a travel-worn crew member armed with only a flimsy spear..."

No, you aren't reading some poor attempt of mine at a short story.  Jack and Lucy spent the week at Baba and Gaga's before school started back for them and this is one of the many many items Jack brought back from his stay.  If there is anything my parents are good at, it's finding random stuff to occupy my kids :)  Plus I have to give kudos to Jackman - with the exception of a few things that needed to be traced, he painted this all by himself. It's now hanging in my classroom :)

 To say that my children are treated like royalty while they are at the grandparents house is an understatement.  As evidenced by the crown above.  A little background though - I have to go back to work a week before Jack can return to school.  Well, there aren't a ton of camps available for that last week and I'm also looking at opportunities to pawn my children off on their grandparents because let's face it - BabaGaga are more fun.  So, the week I returned to school I asked my parents if it would be ok to meet them on Saturday and do a "prisoner exchange" in Nashville with Lucy and Jack.  The eldest kiddos would go to BabaGaga until thursday and Charlie would go back to daycare (I figured he doesn't know the difference yet and wouldn't care.)  My parents immediately agreed (of course they did) and so began the week of indulgence for them.


 What was Charlie doing during all this? Celebrating being 10 months old!  I cannot get over how chubby, adorable, happy, easy going, and just plain EASY this kid is.  He seriously puts everyone at ease.  It's just his nature.  So far my favorite things about him are his ability to sleep through the night, his smile, his thighs, his giggle that sounds like a cross between a hiccup and a belly laugh, his excitement over insignificant things - like the fact that Andy just happened to walk into the room at that exact moment, his fuzzy crown of reddish blond hair, his snuggliness, and well...just everything.  We love you Mr. Charlieman.


 Back to the other two... I'm so sad that Baba couldn't manage to get into the fun here.

 Mom and Dad even took them to swim in Shannon and Ed's pool for a few hours.  Hats off to my dad for being the go to guy for water fun!

 It's hard to make out here but this is the photo mom sent me of the two of them inside the theater getting ready to see Finding Dory!  They were beyond pumped and I'm happy to report that Lucy sat through her first movie ever - woohoo!

 What else happened... lots of sugar was consumed.

 McGee got tons of snuggles.

 Lucy hogged the bed a lot.

 McGee got more snuggles.  And treats.  This is right outside the pantry door.

 Sometimes, they do actually love each other.  It's rare to capture it on film though, sort of like Big Foot.

 Lucy would have been content spending the entire trip in Gaga's backyard picking flowers.


And swinging on the tree swing :)  Needless to say, these kid lived it up while on vacation.  I'm only sad I didn't get to join!

No comments: