Thursday, August 11, 2016

Right before school starts

Before summer ends and we all go back to school, here are a few fun things I captured on my phone...
 pool time!  Lizzi came by one day when we were hanging at the pool - with no one else there!  and she got an awesome picture of us.  This is summer for me.  Juggling three kids while trying to actively get a tan.  I truly enjoy the pool and thankfully have kids that love it too.  I dream of the day when we can walk over there, jump in without floatation devices (because they will all know how to swim), and I can read a book while checking in on them.  This is my dream.  It may never be a reality but it's my dream for now.

 Every once in a while facebook does a "timehop" thing.  One day I was inspired to do my own timehop and see how my kids all look at roughly 9-10 months old.  I'm a little torn but I think Charlie is a perfect blend between Jack and Lucy.  I think my favorite thing about this is that none of my kids have hair.  Bald is beautiful people.

 Lizard sent this to me when we were in Fl and I meant to post it - This is Pretzel.  The most interesting dog in the world.

 Before school started back we had tandem dentist appointments.  Lucy was pumped they had Despicable Me 2 playing in the office for her to enjoy.

 Both kids rocking the teeth cleaning.  Jack got a glowing report on his brushing and his new permanent teeth.  Lucy... as I suspected has other issues.  The doctor said that if we can't get her to stop sucking her thumb (something she has done since she was in the womb - I have ultrasound pics to prove it) will have to have an appliance put in her mouth because she is messing up the shape of her mouth.  Well, I bought a sour tasting polish to put on her thumb and she has gone so far as to apply the stuff herself and then suck on her thumb 30 min later. So much for the amazon reviews for that product.

 we came home that day and did some artwork.  Behold Lucy's original portrait of me.  I've never looked thinner.


 On our last official day of summer vacation we decided to live it up and hit up The Muse with Widdi!  It was really really awesome. The kids all had a blast and Lizzi was an aunt on steroids running from station to station with the kids and exploring every little thing.  They have added some new exhibits since we went there in the spring and it has really gotten so good.  Hats off to you Knoxville!
 We even fed the geese afterward!  (can I say eew though?  Pushy, dirty things.)

 Space ship fun :)


They've even added a little crawl space area for Charlie!  not a bad way to end our summer - awesome aunts and activities galore!  I still wish summer was happening though.  Just a smidge....

No comments: