Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Cub Scouts, Gardens, UT game, and Wonderworks

In order to insure that I actually post stuff here, I'm going to skimp on actual captions and just hit the highlights of our life in September.

This boy continues to be the most precious, michievious, sweetest little booger out there.

Not to be outdone by his older brother of course.  There are so many similarities between Jack and Charlie at times (their identical faces for one) but I can completely see their different personalities emerge.  No one will ever be as chill and as sensitive as my Jack.  I love his tender sweet heart and his sassy mouth at times.  But Charlie, although he looks identical in some pictures, is his own boy.  He is far more adventurous and independent.  He's goofy and funny like Jack but has this streak in him that reminds me more of his sister than his brother.  Charlie will be trouble.  No doubt about it.  But the fun kind of trouble I think :)

We've had some awesome weather and have enjoyed many a turn at dunking

And playing horse :) 



Jack also got to compete in his second ever Rain Gutter Regata at Cub Scouts!  Andy is now a Troop leader this year (poor guy) and helped Jack build his boat again.  Technically they are supposed to build it from recycled materials or a kit you can get from the Boy Scout store.  Jack's homemade kit won him third place!  For a kid that doesn't win a ton of competitions, this was huge for him and I know it may seem silly getting excited over 3rd place but he earned it.  Especially when his recycled boat beat out store bought kits.  Ha!



This made me the proudest though.  Compassion is one of Jack's greatest strengths and something that can be easy to teach but hard to make stick.  He has that in abundance.

Little video of him winning his heat :)


We are going into Year Two of Cub Scouts and so far so good.  I love that he loves this :)

Sometimes, when it's my bedtime, I will sneak into their rooms and grab a quick picture of them.  The day is hectic, stressful, and sometimes full of yelling.  This is the time I treasure.  When I can look at their sweet angelic faces and remember that I am one lucky mother.  Oh, and they are quiet.  THat's nice too.... :)



Cutie pies :)


Jack is currently doing Common Core Math.  I hate Common Core math.  It is stupid.  Case in point - he did the math correct for all these questions yet missed three of them because he didn't answer the "short cut" correctly.  I got so mad when I couldn't figure out how he was supposed to do this that I tagged out and made Andy finish up with him.  This does not bode well for the future.

This fall my husband has been very accommodating (no surprise there.)  When I ask him for anything yard related he will just say yes.  For example, I asked that we remove some bushes in the yard.  By some I meant all.  Andy didn't blink an eye.

Two giant ones next to the deck - gone.

Two ugly ones next to the house.  Gone.

The cluster of five that were at the corner of the street.  Gone.



Then I asked if he wouldn't mind extending the flower bed out a bit.  Done.  He is the most amazing man ever and I'm so lucky he puts up with my crazy requests. :)  Now I cannot wait until Spring!!!



Andy got tickets for him and Jack to go to their first ever UT football game together!  Jack was so excited and lasted an entire quarter before getting bored and wanting to come home.  I think the kid has more of me in him than he realizes.  Jack still loved the experience and loved feeling special that day.  So even if they didn't stay, it was still a win!



Melissa and I did an impromptu Sunday visit to Wonderworks for free teacher day!  It was such a blast and so much easier than with the kids being older!

Charlie had fun too!

I kind of liked the dance hall with the cool effects screen.

Sissa on a giant phone :)



Jack and Anderson loved this virtual roller coaster thing so much!  Next time we got to Dollywood we are stealing Anderson so he can ride the rides with Jack :)

September also had some sadness as well.  I found out my sweet Aunt Marie died and we are all a little heartbroken.  She is the reason Lucy's middle name is Marie.  She was kind, amazing, tough as nails, and the most amazing Catholic you'd ever meet.  The picture above is from the first time I ever got to meet her in person in NYC when I was in college.  I know that right now she is smiling from heaven and having a blast.  I just hate that this constant fixture in my life is now gone.  Prayers for her and for Aunt Peggy who is learning to navigate this world without her bosom companion.


No comments: