Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Random October

Here are some bits and pieces of October - including Fall Break :)  

Widdi celebrated a birthday and the kids insisted (well Lucy really) on making her a birthday cake that was her favorite color. :)


I woke up one Saturday and realized I was sick of cleaning the table every meal - so why not get stools for the counter.  We made it into a little breakfast bar - only big enough for kids though - with some little ones we found at At Home.  I love this picture of them all lined up.  My little ducks in a row :)

Especially this one - where did my baby go???



One of the last pictures of Charlie in his old room, rocking in our old glider.  In October, we did a major room switch.  More on that later.


Lucy continues to love dance and loves having "her own" activity.  I'm also loving the fact that this year, their activities are something they actually enjoy and aren't asking halfway through the year, "When am I done with this?"  That's kind of new for us.


On a random day off, I met this guy out for lunch.  Which was awesome :)  Surprise or impromptu dates are some of my favorites. 

Charlie continues to embrace all things constructions and has made this sand table his favorite toy ever.  He's also my first kid who actually loves playing outside.  So many new things with this guy...

For Fall Break, we had initially intended to drive to Jackson and hang out with Baba Gaga the entire time.  But on Tuesday before break, Dad went to the eye doctor and got rushed to emergency surgery for a detached retina.  He had to spend the next two weeks FACE DOWN at all times in order to heal.  We all felt awful for him.

Here's Dad right after surgery and right before the face down period.  I think what broke my heart the most was when the doctor told him what he had to do, Dad's first response was, "But I have my grandkids coming next week.  I can't be out of commission."  :(  Needless to say, we decided to stay home and let him rest and heal.  Thankfully, he healed really well and we are still waiting to see how much of his vision in that eye was saved.  Just glad that he and mom both survived two weeks of crazy recovery time!

I would love to say that we got a ton accomplished over Fall Break, or went a lot of cool places.  But we mostly just hung out.  I did however put Charlie in daycare on that Friday and Lizzi and I took Jack and Lucy to the zoo.  Once again, our zoo did not disappoint!



Some fun pics from our trip :)



Sometimes they really act like they like each other :)






The tiger never disappoints



We also met Mimi & Grandaddy for our annual pumpkin patch trip!
Charlie loved all the animals and enjoyed making noises at them.



Jack and Lucy loved all the slides.  As usual.

It was even bigger than last year!  We had such a fun time and I love this tradition!

1 comment:

gloverfamily said...

I love all of the pics form the last 3 posts but my favorite, for sure, is the one of the 3 of them on their stools. 💙❤️💙