Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Disney!!!

After some coaxing and begging with Andy and some sweet offers from my parents, we decided to do what every single parent feels an obligation to do - we went to Disney.  And it was MAGICAL.  And I'm not being cheesy or sarcastic.  Holy crap.  I LOVED it.  Granted - I had to parent whining children along the way but looking back on it later, I would do it again in a heartbeat.  Thanks to Melissa, we got hooked up with a travel planner named Susan who did all the work for us and it made ALL the difference.  Future Clare - do the meal plan.  Every time.  Not having to worry about paying for food in the moment made this hyper expensive trip seem just a little less expensive :) 


 We decided to go over Spring Break and we also made the very difficult decision to not bring Charlie.  I know, I have major mom guilt over this. BUT - Charlie was 3, not potty trained, prone to run off and doesn't listen, and I wanted Jack and Lucy to have as much fun as possible without a little brother not being able to keep up.  Plus i knew that Charlie wouldn't have any memory of the place.
 Before feeling sorry for Charlie, he got an entire week with my parents all to himself. He was in HEAVEN.  In fact, we Facetimed every night and it wasn't until the last night we were there that he asked when we were coming home.  Clearly, we were not missed.

 We flew out of Memphis after driving to Jackson.  They have a direct flight to Orlando which was excellent.

 Our hotel room had a princess motif - of course it did.  We stayed at the Port Orleans Resort Riverside and it had a New Orleans theme thanks to The Princess and the Frog.  It was perfect.

 Meanwhile, Charlie enjoyed the front loader Power Wheel that my parents bought him because he was living his best life ever.

 I've never been so giddy. Plus my pictures are out of order.  Sorry!












 This kid was in HEAVEN.



And so were these kids!  They were a little in disbelief when we surprised them with the trip.  And I loved every bit of their excitement.

 TimeHop loves to remind me that my Spring Breaks are usually pretty awesome - thanks to my parents (#neworleans)

 #hamilton - man this was an awesome trip.



Our first day was spent in the Magic Kingdom.  We did a Beauty and the Beast interactive show in the evening and everyone (except me) was a part of the act.  Andy was a suit of armor, Lucy was the horse Filipe, and Jack was such an amazing sport and played The Beast!  I love his heart.  And how he stepped up and did this and wasn't too cool to be a part of the fun.



















Best Dad Ever award right here.

 My only other trip to Disney in my life was in the 2nd grade and I remember being at the Haunted Mansion and finding my name on the crypt outside. 

 I found it again!






 I have a lot of favorite parts of this trip but probably my FAVORITE part ever was when we managed to get Lucy a last minute appointment for a Bippity Boppity Boo makeover.  I brought her Rapunzel dress with us and she got the star  treatment.  Then we had dinner in Cinderella's castle and it was everything you ever hoped it would be.  I was giddy! 


























 The food was really good too!



 My sweet princess Lucy!










 Meanwhile in Jackson....



 Apparently the squirrel situation was super exciting.

 This was the first ride I made all of us do and it traumatized Lucy for the rest of the trip.









































































































































































































































FYI: Discovery Cove is a MUST SEE.  Expensive but so worth it.
















No comments: