Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Is it March yet?

Sadly, February 2011 has not been kind to us. And so, I await with much anticipation the arrival of March. Because to me, March signals the beginning of Springtime, Spring Break, St. Patrick's Day (not that I'm a huge fan - I just like the color green :) but most of all, the end of this germ-infested season!!! I'm really trying not to dwell on Jack recurring sickness b/c I'm scared once I print out this blog into a "baby book" it will have turned into a record of Jack's doctor visits instead of his awesome first year on earth. So here goes, a little whining about RSV and that's it.






Mimi came by the first two days of the week and watched Jackman for us - they had a fun time! He showed her how to bounce and she treated him with some nebulizer sessions. :) And as you can tell, Sister Bean was there to lend a hand. Lizzitante also took Thursday off to help out. Since I was stressed beyond anything this picture above was the only one I got the entire week.




It took a while but eventually we stopped acting quite so pitiful, started eating and drinking again (that was scary - how do you explain to a 9 month old that if he doesn't drink his bottle he must go back to the hospital? This is where a baby whisperer would come in handy), and finally began playing again! We have about one more week of treatments to go before he's cured of RSV but I keep telling myself it could be worse. The poor baby from daycare that Jack got RSV from or gave RSV to ended up in the hospital :( So my mantra has become "perspective."







On the bright side, once we started feeling better we also started getting better at things. For example, we have finally perfected the art of driving in our car!!! We can now go backwards and....wait for it....FORWARDS! It's taken 3 months but hey, I've learned you can't rush a guy. Here is Jack noticing Bean eating her dinner just feet away.







And here is Jack on his way to ramming his sister as she quietly eats her dinner. Poor Bean. I tried to scold him but the second he rams her he dissolves into fits of giggles. The Fat is so tolerant.




The sniper crawl is also improving at a rapid rate. While I'm not crazy about his dragging his body through the carpet of Bean fur that daily coats our floor, he does need the practice. Plus I'm also convinced that one day they'll release a study on how dog hair is good for babies.





And there he goes! :)






Jack finally went back to daycare after being out for almost a week and a half. And let me tell you - he LOVED it! I guess hanging out at home is just too boring. He missed his ladies (he's the only boy in a class of 6. Such a studmuffin). So it wasn't until today that Miss Shirley was able to give me Jack's Valentine. Here he is in all his adorableness. Sort of giving the camera that "Hey Baby, you from outta town?" look. I'm gonna have to work on that - he's starting way too young. He's even begun giving his "girlfriend" Macy kisses. Not cool.


Here's a video of Jack and his "climbing" technique. Mostly it's just a cute video of him looking at the camera.

2 comments:

Dotti said...

My poor sick baby-maybe this will all be over soon-you kids need a break from the Pestilence!!
Tell me again-why did I think it was a good idea to get a pupppy? You and Lizzi need to take her and train her until she's as well behaved as Bean and Hektor-PLEASE!!!!!!

gloverfamily said...

He is everywhere! It is precious! Also, I do believe in the middle of your craziness you found time to make me a delicious dinner, so thank you for that! I agree with your mom about the puppy training. Tell her I have a beautifully trained German Shepherd she can have and I am told she will only stink for another year or so...:)