Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Quest

I know this is odd for a post but I am now on a quest. I've decided that Jack's 1st birthday will be celebrated in the way of his usual playthings - nautically. His first playmat, his nighttime sleep buddy, his jumperoo, his nebulizer, heck even his name is nautical! Therefore, in the true tradition of the above photographed Jacques Cousteau, my very own Jack Cousteau will have an "under the sea" birthday theme. I'm now on a quest to find non-Little Mermaid Under the Sea paraphenalia. I'm even in search of the above red knit cap for Jack's birthday hat :) You know, I may even give into my lifelong fear of whales and make a donation in Jack's name to Cousteau's Save the Whales fund. actually, scratch that. If it means that much to the kiddo as a teenager I'll do that. Til then, those freaky huge whales are on their own. See below for Jack's deep sea retrospective... :)




Very relaxed in the water. Please note the frog buddy...




Still loving it at 10 months...




First time in a pool. A little annoyed but loved it nonetheless.






Jumperooing along to the tune of the Popeye theme :)







And lastly, lying on our mat dressed in crab garb, staring at seahorses, with Lizzitante and her fishy little music toy. He's just dreaming about how he can't wait for his Cousteau b'day extravaganza!

5 comments:

Dotti said...

You don't suppose that the fact that you were pregnant 8 out of 9 months by the Gulf of Mexico and it's beautiful water seeped into your subconcious. Also remember every day you passed over the bay and saw the whale murals coming and going!! Jack just has maintained a link to his roots!!He'll probably be a competitive swimmer too!!!Start him erly!!:)

gloverfamily said...

I am thinking etsy, birthday express...or you could just make a $200 donation to the whale foundation? ha!

hughesfamily said...

ETSY. Go to etsy. Yo Gabba Gabba stuff is so hard to find, but I found a ton of stuff on etsy. Just search nautical birthday or something. Also, birthdayexpress.com.

I love, love the theme!!!

Sylvos said...

At least Andy didn't convince you that Jaques Cousteau drowned in his bath tub...

haha...
hhahahaahahahahahaahahhaahahaha

Adam Brimer said...

he can go as Steve Zissou from the Life Aquatic!

http://www.saltlakemagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/steve-zissou.jpg