Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Good times

There's not really a theme for this week. Just some good times had by all. Enjoy!





Mimi came by last week to drop off some awesome summer outfits & kiss the Jackman! Thanks Mimi! Jack of course greeted her with giggles and showed off how well he sits up on his own. Such a big boy.





Speaking of Mimi, she surprised Jack with an awesome Christmas present that we have almost grown into - Darth Vader!!!



or should I say...Jack Vader!!!!




Grandpa was in town for a second while doing some business in Knoxville and stopped by to give Jack a quick snuggle. We loved it! In fact, I'm a big fan of these family fly-bys. I love that both sets of grandparents will stop by for a quick visit just to see Jack. Just b/c we can't have a multiple-day visit every time doesn't mean it doesn't have an effect on him. The more he sees them the better!




We are loving some Cheerios at the moment. In fact, the whole family is. I had to get two boxes b/c Daddy & Bean also want to eat this awesome treat. Here's Bean doing her best to win over the giver of the O's.




As every high-achieving mother hopes, Jack is finally starting to watch TV. I've heard stories about these people whose small children will sit still for 20 minutes at a time and watch the magical singing box. Jack hasn't shown any interest in the TV since we stopped watching music videos together around the 3 month mark (that's probably smart considering he was getting a little too into Adam Lambert & Christina Aguilera). So after 10 months, Jack watched his first real kid's show - Yo Gabba Gabba! (This comes highly recommended from BFF Anderson's cool older cousin Lily.) We got so into it...he kinda started dancing! For like a second. But still!

Other good times this past week...
We annoyed Cousin Hektor. Notice how he blatantly ignores Jack - wise move on his part.



We practiced sitting up.


We ate some mat.


We found Mommy's wand and practiced our spells. If only he knew a good spell to clean the house - kinda like in Sword and the Stone!




"Alohamora!" He's trying to open up the Cheetos can.

Next week is Spring Break and we are excited! We will be going to Jackson for a Kersey visit and while there Jack gets to meet his Great Aunt Noel! (Noel is my mom's oldest friend and Lizzitante's godmother :) I'm pumped. It'll be me, Lizzitante, Jack, Bean, Hektor, new cousin McGee...either I'm gonna come back refreshed and ready for the next half of the semester or you just might hear a scream coming down I-40 as we attempt to escape the chaos. Whatever happens it should be an awesome time :)

2 comments:

Sylvos said...

Darth Vader or I should say Darth Jack = Yes.

Dotti said...

Escape the chaos?????? Excuse me!!! Any chaos that will arise will be of your making-all is calm here in this house with the exception of a rambunctious semi-housebroken 8 mo. old puppy!! Chaos will ensue when your pups try to tell mine who has squatters rights in this house :).
Pray for sunny dry weather so they can all run around outside and I can have Jack all to myself!! Hide that wand if you don't want Jack to ressurrect it once he starts todddling around-believe me he's made a mental note of where it's stashed:)Can't wait for the chaos to begin!!!